DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING PICTURES.

50 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Santito's son was going to wrestle as Nieto del Santo but changed to Tempestad and then El Santo Jr. His nephew was going to be Nieto but Santito objected to that as he owned the rights to the name. 

Axel is the one that Santito sued, correct? To save the name for his son that would eventually take up the mantle? And now that son isn't fucking using El Nieto del Santo? What a dick move.

45 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

Axel is the one that Santito sued, correct? To save the name for his son that would eventually take up the mantle? And now that son isn't fucking using El Nieto del Santo? What a dick move.

Get this, technically he never even used the Nieto title, he just said he was going to when he started training and by the time he was done in NOAH and started he was going under Tempestad haha. At least, this is what seems to have gone down according to what I gleaned from Santito's Wiki.

EDIT: And yeah it was Axxel

Edited by Curt McGirt

1 hour ago, Ramo2653 said:

If it's Dominic in WWE he would just be billed as Rey Mysterio, Jr. since Rey goes by just Rey Mysterio? And if Dominic goes on the indies, he can just be El Hijo de Rey Mysterio Jr.

Except the crazy old man that owns WWE doesn't like anyone being called "junior"

• Like 2

7 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Think it depends. Look at Park. There is both an Hijo de LA Park and an LA Park Jr.

I absolutely hate this new trend. It’s extremely confusing. I’d appreciate numbered suffix names at this point. Or just fucking get a different name for his other son. Fucking Silver King was never “El Hijo Del Doctor Wagner”. No matter how bad he wanted to be Wagner latter on.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Whilst Wagner Jr's son is El Hijo Del Dr Wagner Jr. Doctor Wagner III was right there. Although obviously usually with numbered Luchadors they are brothers/ nephews like Los Villanos.

6 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

If it's Dominic in WWE he would just be billed as Rey Mysterio, Jr. since Rey goes by just Rey Mysterio? And if Dominic goes on the indies, he can just be El Hijo de Rey Mysterio Jr.

Dominic's name will be something like Evanston Winkler and they won't even reference he's Rey's fucking kid for at least two years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

ECd42L9XoAASInR?format=jpg&name=small

Roman Reigns without the trademark vest. Rare photo.

Why is he even still wearing that vest? I thought he had a case of Ugly Torso like MVP that necessitated covering it up but he looks fine there.

45 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Why is he even still wearing that vest? I thought he had a case of Ugly Torso like MVP that necessitated covering it up but he looks fine there.

I think his body fluctuates a lot. So maybe he doesn’t continuously look like that. Maybe Vince is also ab obsessed as well.

Honestly I’ve never read a concrete answer. Like remember when Roman had blue contacts? What were they thinking with trying to white wash the Samoan guy? Are blue eyes really that important to complete the Superman package?

5 hours ago, Godfrey said:

I think he's wearing a hernia girdle for one. Also, his arms seem freakishly long when he's in standard wrestling gear.