DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING PICTURES.

11 hours ago, DEAN said:

Adrian Street with his coal miner father in 1973.

_75590842_as_dad_mine_624x431.jpg

I gotta wonder how Street's father felt about him dressing like that. On the one hand, back then folks were nowhere near as open minded as they are now. On the other hand, he probably knew his son could whip anyone who dared to try him. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

Is the unrequested posting the full video of a match/skit/promo in response to a pic or gif of the same the new "FIRST"-in-the-comments?

old&intheway,

RAF

Let's hope so!

acaj3s_jpg.0.png

eric-young-wrestler-c393c2e7-7f4a-4d1e-b

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

I gotta wonder how Street's father felt about him dressing like that. On the one hand, back then folks were nowhere near as open minded as they are now. On the other hand, he probably knew his son could whip anyone who dared to try him. 

To be fair, depending on how long those miners had worked on-site without outside human contact, Street would have gotten a good workout fending off delirious miners that thought he was an actual pretty lady.

I base the above scenario of course solely on era-appropriate episodes of The Benny Hill Show. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The 'Unstoppable Ass Kicker' aspect of Adrian Street's gimmick didn't really start until he went to America. On the UK circuit he was a heel who riled up the crowd (and not considered to be a legit shooter behind the gimmick, at the time). I think because the first BritWres guy to make it in the USA was Billy Robinson, American promoters expected everyone from the UK to be 100% legit killers. Which a lot of them were, to be fair.