DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING PICTURES.

0acf6-1533508984-800.jpg

I had such high hopes for this at the time. Was expecting it to be like Stan Hansen in AJPW but it turned into Stan Hansen in AWA haha.

Apparently he was making $50k per NJPW match (on top of all expenses, including first class flights, car, five-star hotel rooms and all meals paid for)

• RIPPA pinned and featured this topic
3 hours ago, The Natural said:

EA0xdDlU4AAe90h?format=jpg&name=large

Ok so I have:

Kneeling: some fellow

Seated: Owen, Bret, some lady, Gerald Brisco, some fellow

Standing: good Hebner?, Frank Stallone, some fellow, some other fellow, Isaac Yankem DDS, evil Hebner?, Dustin, Savio, HHH, an LSU fan

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

Ok so I have:

Standing: good Hebner?, Frank Stallone, some fellow, some other fellow, Isaac Yankem DDS, evil Hebner?, Dustin, Savio, HHH, an LSU fan

Frank Stallone, I believe is Tony Garea. The guy next to him with the moustache is Mark Yeaton, the timekeeper who infamously rang the bell in the 1997 Montreal Screwjob. I think the guy in the green shirt stood by his side might be Tony Chimmel.

Edited by The Natural

2 hours ago, The Comedian said:

Ok so I have:

I think the guy next to Brisco might be Dink. Dink the Clown, mini Doink. Not Oliver Humperdink.

August photo challenge for you guys. It's fun to see pictures of wrestlers as kids posing with wrestlers of the time, but we always see the same ones - Bayley with Cena, Orton with Hogan, Rock with Andre, etc. Post some more unusual ones... I wanna see Alexa Bliss with Big Boss Man or Joey Janela with Owen Hart or Cody Rhodes with Doom. The last one is at least very possible. In fact, there must be a ton of Cody with old wrestlers.

2 minutes ago, Swiftian said:

August photo challenge for you guys. It's fun to see pictures of wrestlers as kids posing with wrestlers of the time, but we always see the same ones - Bayley with Cena, Orton with Hogan, Rock with Andre, etc. Post some more unusual ones... I wanna see Alexa Bliss with Big Boss Man or Joey Janela with Owen Hart or Cody Rhodes with Doom. The last one is at least very possible. In fact, there must be a ton of Cody with old wrestlers.

There's probably a lot in here that would interest you:

https://www.wwe.com/gallery/wwe-superstars-when-they-were-fans-photos#fid-40341353

For anyone who doesn't care to look through the whole gallery, here's Roman Reigns and Trish Stratus.

002_ROMAN_0094--2373a9fcd53c4e2cbb0e3f39 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

I had forgot this happened when Kobashi toured the states. Harley Race presented him with his NWA championship but Kobashi ended up handing it back out of respect

EA7_h_HU0AAMcQA?format=jpg&name=small

2005. Hell of a story and photo. Cheers.

Found a gallery on wwe.com today made up of wrestlers entrance attire. I'll post two with the link to the rest. 

IMG_7048.jpg

Eddie Guerrero, Los Gringos Locos. 

IMG_7035.jpg

Art Barr's from the same team.

Rest: https://www.wwe.com/classics/from-the-vault-ring-jackets-photos#fid-26065274

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1