Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
The Natural

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The only time Jeff Jarrett was ever worth more than a wet fart was when he was bleeding in Memphis

Your mileage may vary,  but for me Jarrett gave both Michaels and Angle their career best matches,.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I really wish I had a set of just the Dangerous Alliance stuff. More than that I wish I had all that good WCW that WWE has on the Network that I missed when I was a kid, thinking that Turner was supposed to be second rate. 😥

There's a comp out there. I know a guy.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I'd put Rude's 1992 up against anyone else's best year and feel good about the comparison. 

It's too bad that it didn't end in a WCW Heavyweight Championship reign because of injury.

That whole Rude/Steamboat feud is fire. 

Ricky Steamboat vs. Rick Rude's Iron Man match at WCW Beach Blast 1992 is the best match in the gimmick's history.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Man, I'd put Zbyszko dead last.  I know his stalling was legendary but that works when you are in the arena live and have nowhere to go.  As a little kid, I can't tell you how many ESPN shows I switched channels on once I figured out that Larry was going to spend five minutes stalling.  And sometimes I didn't go back.  And he really did seem to spend the 80s living off the Bruno angle.

Austin, Eaton, Anderson, Rude, Zbyszko.  If this is all-inclusive, Bobby Eaton in Memphis (and World Class) destroys Arn's pre-Crockett career.  

Larry's legacy won't be drawing houses, that I'm fairly certain of.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Ricky Steamboat vs. Rick Rude's Iron Man match at WCW Beach Blast 1992 is the best match in the gimmick's history.

Have you see Joey Janela vs David Starr from July this year? Totally different style in that it's a 2019 holy shit spot match (no DQ/ Countout, 60 minutes), but a case could be made that it outdoes Rude and Steamboat. Depending on which style you prefer. It's on the internet for free. Look in 2019 matches thread, last page.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Maybe we should blame the fans.

AS ALWAYS.

Edited by PB-13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Does anybody know the contract status of Chris Hero, or Cassius Ono, and Cesaro?  These guys have to be two of the all time most misused talents in the long terrible history of titan sports.  Obviously I, like most, look forward to the day they make a move elsewhere.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris Hero is mostly a player/coach at NXT so I don't think he's going anywhere. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

Your mileage may vary,  but for me Jarrett gave both Michaels and Angle their career best matches,.

He also has an amazing match with Bockwinkle from Memphis.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked the Jarrett/Roadie pairing in WWF. I also enjoyed chauvinist pig Jarrett in the Attitude era. Both were just the right kind of goofy I like in my wrestling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AxB said:

Have you see Joey Janela vs David Starr from July this year? Totally different style in that it's a 2019 holy shit spot match (no DQ/ Countout, 60 minutes), but a case could be made that it outdoes Rude and Steamboat. Depending on which style you prefer. It's on the internet for free. Look in 2019 matches thread, last page.

Cheers for the recommendation. I'll check that out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the time, I'd rank the DA

Rude

Austin

Arn

Bobby

Larry Z

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the best Jarrett matches I've seen that hasn't been mentioned yet is the one against Jay Lethal from TNA TV. Very good "traveling champion" style match with a great finish.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

One of the best Jarrett matches I've seen that hasn't been mentioned yet is the one against Jay Lethal from TNA TV. Very good "traveling champion" style match with a great finish.

I liked the OTT Jeff Jarrett vs. Raven TNA match in May 2003 but Jarrett shouldn't have gone over. Monty Brown is another that comes to mind.

Edited by The Natural

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Does anybody know the contract status of Chris Hero, or Cassius Ono, and Cesaro?  These guys have to be two of the all time most misused talents in the long terrible history of titan sports.  Obviously I, like most, look forward to the day they make a move elsewhere.  

Oh man...when Hero left NXT the first time he had just an amazing indy run.  I can't blame the guy for taking the money instead of the grind on what's surely the downside of his career, but he's one of my all time favorites and I selfishly wish he'd have one more set of indy matches.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Infinit said:

At the time, I'd rank the DA

Rude

Austin

Arn

Bobby

Larry Z

Think about it... Steve Austin two years into the business is up there with guys who collectively had FIFTY-FIVE years of ring experience between them at that point is amazing.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Ricky Steamboat vs. Rick Rude's Iron Man match at WCW Beach Blast 1992 is the best match in the gimmick's history.

I am totally agreed on this. Rude getting cocky and choking victory away is amazing.

Actually, my two favorite WCW matches ever both happened in this year: Rude/Steamboat Iron Man and Sting/Vader King of Cable. 

Yeah, it's been four or five years, time to go back to YouTube and watch a bunch of 1992 WCW over the next couple of weeks. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WCW was so good in the early to mid 90s. Then they signed that baldness denying tangerine skinned racist and he ruined everything.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I am totally agreed on this. Rude getting cocky and choking victory away is amazing.

Actually, my two favorite WCW matches ever both happened in this year: Rude/Steamboat Iron Man and Sting/Vader King of Cable. 

Yeah, it's been four or five years, time to go back to YouTube and watch a bunch of 1992 WCW over the next couple of weeks. 

Those are mine in WCW. I've always felt the best Sting vs. Vader match was at Starrcade 1992.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was Flair/Steamboat's famous 1989 trilogy under the WCW banner? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ali vs. Buddy Murphy on Smackdown tonight.

7-AE15-EC3-FF8-F-45-D4-87-EA-4-B69-BAF20

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peck said:

Ali vs. Buddy Murphy on Smackdown tonight.

7-AE15-EC3-FF8-F-45-D4-87-EA-4-B69-BAF20

Ali vs. Buddy Murphy's No DQ match on 205 Live was one of 2018's best matches. The PPV version at Survivor Series last year is also worth watching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AxB said:

WCW was so good in the early to mid 90s. Then they signed that baldness denying tangerine skinned racist and he ruined everything.

But money and ratingz, bro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Cheers for the recommendation. I'll check that out.

I'd throw in the Puma/Mundo one from Lucha Underground (called an all night long match) as well.  Shit was fun.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tromatagon said:

I'd throw in the Puma/Mundo one from Lucha Underground (called an all night long match) as well.  Shit was fun.

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...