DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

28 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Hansen and Sid teamed up to murder a couple of jobbers on an episode of Worldwide in 91. And his WrestleWar 91 match against Vader was fun.

The jobber murder was amazing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AxB said:

I was always the second oldest person in our year (early September birthday), and the oldest boy. But then a kid transferred in who'd been held back a year due to academic underachievement when he was eight, and never got moved back up. He was a moron. Spelt Coffee Beans "Kofffe Benz" when he was 16. Although he was very good at Rugby, a sport that wasn't played in our school.

Maybe he was just a member of WWE creative?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Actually, I don't think I've ever seen a Hansen/Dan Spivey match with them as a tag team, which, uh, that seems like a pretty big gap in my knowledge. 

That is strange, though no particular matches are jumping out for me to point you too. Hansen always said Spivey was up there with Brody as his best partners 

7 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I was born on August 2nd and ended up being the 2nd or 3rd youngest of my entire graduating class in high school. When my mom enrolled me in school for kindergarten, I was right at the cut off point according to the Mississippi Department of Education requirements at the time. If I was born like  a week or two later, I would've started school the next year. However, I started school when Mississippi was starting to get tough with truancy laws to the point where most (black) parents didn't waste time getting their kids in school. I think I was the only kid I knew that didn't attend daycare or pre-K.

July 10th and I was normally the youngest or sometimes second youngest kid in my grade. There was no Pre-K or even Public Kindergarten when I started school back in the late 70s. But hell back when I started school in MS public schools,which was 1st grade went to a private school for Kindergarten,there was no A/C in the schools. Was hellish hot in there.

I just had to check some dates. But looks like I was one of three kids in my graduating class that were 17 when they graduated. Got a buddy that was born on August 27th. So he was the youngest,and there wa a girl in our class that was born in late July.

Thinking about it now I think my Buddy mentioned above celebrated his 18th birthday in Boot camp. Cause I am pretty sure he shipped out the same day I did that summer.

Edited by bobholly138
  • Like 1

So apparently the negotiations between Fite.tv and WWE were not about WWE buying the company, like Meltzy thought. They were actually about WWE's big four PPVs possibly being made available on Fite PPV. But they didn't agree on anything so it's moot anyway.

• Thanks 1

Before tweeting their contract status I’d never really even heard of the Lucha House Party members.  I’ve been checking out Mascara Dorado.  His match with Caristo from CMLL is pretty great.  This highlight video nicely showcases his insane athletic ability:

And now I’m stoked to see him break the shackles of the E.

Also, just got onto the Bryan/Vinny Nitro recaps.  Vinny is hilarious.  Bryan Alvarez is an overbearing turd.  Countless times he yells down his partners while completely wrong.  Craig makes some good points, but little man complex Bryan seems to want to make him his Karl Pilkington.  Bryan has some insight to offer, but what a grade A arsehole. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus

After the eyeball incident Vader and Hansen agreed to take it easy in their WCW matches haha.

as for that Smackdown trailer... why have I never thought to RKO a mannequin? GENIUS. I think the only wrestling move I’ve done in adulthood was elbow drop my suit jacket when it fell off a chair. WOOOO

1 hour ago, Log said:

I learned two things today from this thread that surprised me. One is that Hansen and Vader faced each other in WCW. The other is that Mississippi has a department of education. 

If you wanna have fun, do a deep dive on your own state, county, or city department of education. You'll want toss yourself facefirst into a woodchipper afterwards, but it will be well worth it!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

If you wanna have fun, do a deep dive on your own state, county, or city department of education. You'll want toss yourself facefirst into a woodchipper afterwards, but it will be well worth it!

I live in Kentucky.  Mississippi is the only state we're allowed to make fun of.

Just now, PB-13 said:

Illinois is a blue state but mostly because of Chicago...meanwhile Missouri is a red state but St. Louis is pretty liberal. Interesting area to live in, right around the proverbial Mason-Dixon Line.

As a native of Southern Illinois, I can tell you that, despite the location on the map, it is the South.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1