DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

39 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I have little memory of their matches other than thinking they were good at the time. Roman's best stuff was against AJ, Bryan, Finn, Strowman, and the Shield tags.

I'm keen on all those matches and they're all on my Best of Roman shortlist. But I've got the Cesaro stuff up there with some of the lower-tier stuff in that mix.

It helps that they've only had two TV singles matches against each other, so they stand out more in my memory. It's not a protected match (because they don't protect matches or care that much about Cesaro), but it's not been overdone like most combinations of guys who've been around as long as they have. 

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Cesaro is so astonishingly high level in the ring at this point, that it's almost criminal he's not pushed higher in the last few years than random tag guy.

I don’t know if I’ve ever been sadder watching wrestling than when Cesaro came to the ring for a promo after the whole “brass ring” stuff and proceeded to talk about stepping into the three sides of the ring... except for when he then tried to explain how he mean the three ropes. 

That said, I can definitely see him getting a Kofi like push in a few years and completely running with it.

• Like 1

Too bad he's already 38 years-old, but with the shape he keeps himself in, he should be able to go at a top level for another 5 years if his body holds up.

45 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Maybe this is a little "in the moment" but I think Reigns vs. Buddy is on the short list for both men's careers. 

Its an in the moment thing. Its really good. Both guys have had better. Buddy especially had better last year on 205Live.

3 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I don’t know if I’ve ever been sadder watching wrestling than when Cesaro came to the ring for a promo after the whole “brass ring” stuff and proceeded to talk about stepping into the three sides of the ring... except for when he then tried to explain how he mean the three ropes. 

That said, I can definitely see him getting a Kofi like push in a few years and completely running with it.

Bro, I feel you on that one. I watched that live and winced. I knew right then and there if he was on the cusp of a push, it was all over.

Because the last Smackdown thread is dead I'll put this here. My favorite part of that show aside from those great matches had to be Bryan screaming in complete monotone 

YOU DON'T DESERVE THAT!!! YOU'RE A COWARDLY LIAR!!!

YOU'RE A COWARD!!! AND A LIAR!!!

while they were beating up Buddy Murphy. I forgot what exactly he said so I didn't mention it but seeing it again just cracked me up again. It's up there with ZSJ throwing the fit about Boris Johnson recently. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

Cheers for the recommendation. I'll check that out.

I just watched that Starr/Janela match as I watched the clock at work until 9. Absolutely awesome match. David Starr's heel work is fantastic. I like Starr's work and I was dying to see Janela try to kill that cocky fuck.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, PB-13 said:

I would have absolutely no problem with a Mustache Mountain vs. Kings Of Wrestling feud.

It's unlikely since it'd be heel vs. heel, but I'd love to see the Kings of Wrestling vs. Marcel Barthel/Fabian Aichner.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I just watched that Starr/Janela match as I watched the clock at work until 9. Absolutely awesome match. David Starr's heel work is fantastic. I like Starr's work and I was dying to see Janela try to kill that cocky fuck.

And the card also had that awesome Daisuke Sekimoto vs Chris Dickinson match. Which featured possibly the best photographed "Chop creates cloud of sweat steam" spot I've seen. It was backlit or something.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AxB said:

And the card also had that awesome Daisuke Sekimoto vs Chris Dickinson match. Which featured possibly the best photographed "Chop creates cloud of sweat steam" spot I've seen. It was backlit or something.

and the cage match between Kris Statlander and Kimber Lee

Beyond Wrestling is fucking awesome.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

He's better than Edge in almost every conceivable way, so yeah.

Edge was more over with the fans as both a heel and a face than Christian. In my opinion, Edge was a more "believable" character - Christian's babyface work was cut by his smarmyness and his heeling was diluted by his comedy and "coolness".

- RAF 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

Flair dropped a bit of a startling fact on his recent appearance on the SCSA podcast: the only touring champions left now are him and the Funks

When Martel was AWA champ he didn’t travel?

Do tag teams not count?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs