DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

2 minutes ago, AxB said:

Meanwhile, from the "Promoter trolls Cornette for publicity" file, Orange Cassidy is wrestling the Boogeyman this Saturday.

If the Boogeyman somehow sneaks worms into Cassidy's pockets, then this match gets all the snowflakes. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

What Meltzer expected the crowd would respond like:

g3AEMdV.gif

Seriously, not to gang up and bully the dude, but at this point his Twitter only produces memes.

Edited by Edwin

14 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'm just gonna leave this here because it's hilarious. 

Wasn't he responding to somebody who was pretend shocked Roman and Rock got no reaction in the theatre?

7 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Last movie I saw in a theatre was "Rough Night". 

So you were one of the six people who saw that? Now, we just need to find the other five so you guys can form a group therapy session.

I've seen it, on telly. Took me I think five or six sittings to get to the end credits. It was more palatable in quarter hour doses.

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

So you were one of the six people who saw that? Now, we just need to find the other five so you guys can form a group therapy session.

I don't know anyone other than my date who saw it in theatres, but it allegedly grossed $47 million worldwide, which is about $42 million more than I thought it did. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Speaking of 1991, as soon as Vince gets hip to the film Jungle Fever, he'll be all over this.

Vince watching a Denzel movie: "This Denzel kid, he's pretty charismatic. I'm not saying he could necessarily be a wrestler, but he could certainly be a wrestler's friend".

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Except for the short one.

Fuck Game of Thrones. Give Roman a trident that he'll never be able to use properly and pretend he's Aquaman. 

That, too. Considering the popularity of comic-based movies, you'd think someone would mention to Vince that coming up with his own version of Justice League or Avengers is a license to print money.

6 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

That, too. Considering the popularity of comic-based movies, you'd think someone would mention to Vince that coming up with his own version of Justice League or Avengers is a license to print money.

Do you want his brain to melt trying to keep up with that type of continuity?

2 hours ago, Edwin said:

What Meltzer expected the crowd would respond like:

g3AEMdV.gif

Seriously, not to gang up and bully the dude, but at this point his Twitter only produces memes.

Dave has publicly admitted on the radio show that he trolls on twitter.

14 minutes ago, Ace said:

Dave has publicly admitted on the radio show that he trolls on twitter.

Given his track record, I'd say that's a cop out.

I demand a fair and honest assessment of reactions to pro wrestlers who border on the fringes of being famous having extended cameos in films. How will I know if they got their proper due if Dave Meltzer doesn't tell the truth? 

23 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I demand a fair and honest assessment of reactions to pro wrestlers who border on the fringes of being famous having extended cameos in films. How will I know if they got their proper due if Dave Meltzer doesn't tell the truth? 

Daddy’s Home sucked, but that reaction for John Cena as the secret daddy at the end officially began his acting career. Hulk Hogan as Thunder Lips made Hogan’s entire wrestling stardom.

Taker wasn’t over in Suburban Commando, and the biggest reaction he got was after a comedy spot. People were having a Cornette fit with the big goof that killed the tension in the final act.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Just now, HumanChessgame said:

I remember seeing Roadhouse on tv for the first time and marking out when Terry Funk showed up.

Bam Bam Bigelow getting squashed in Major Payne always got a couple rewinds during every viewing after I recorded it straight off USA.

• Like 2