DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Cody said if people in your life are shitty you should cut them out of it. His response was the gif where a camera zooms up to Cody holding his hand up to his ear. 

I just assume Punk realized how hypocritical it looked after he basically said “They won’t stop talking about me”, and weeks later he tweets publicly towards one of AEW’s founders even though they haven’t publicly talked about him since that media kerfluffle between the two sides.

13 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I already saw the big announcement.  Landry Jones got signed! 

I got intrigued for a second that you said Caleb Landry Jones.  Big fan of his work.

11 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I saw people saying "total Vince move" about the dead wrestler stuff and I was like no... I could see Heyman doing it too.  Honestly,  I don't know a wrestling promoter that wouldn't do it. 

From what i understand this was a continuation of the program from the week before?  

10 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

At least that was a while after Eddie passed. The fucking low rider thing being used to further the shitty Taker Vs. Orton feud was way worse. They should get more shit for that.

Yep, feels like a good decision to have avoided their ‘brand’ for the past 15 or so years.  Here’s to many more years of avoiding them to come!  

Regarding Ronda - Meltzer noted that part of the FOX/WWE deal is that more WWE talent will appear in FOX programming.

Ronda is considered the first one to be doing it in this deal.

Also - she posted this on her Instagram

"So the word is out I nearly lost my finger shooting @911onfox. Freak accident, first take of the day a boat door fell on my hand, I thought I just jammed my fingers so I finished the take before looking (I know it sounds crazy, but I’m used to live audiences and never showing pain unless I’m supposed to) after a break in the action I told our director the situation and was rushed via ambulance to the hospital where they promptly reattached my bone and tendon with a plate and screws. I returned to filming the next day and finished my scenes before returning home to recover. Modern medicine amazes me, I already had 50% range of motion back in 3 days. There’s so much more than I can write here, stayed tuned via @rondarouseydotcom for the full story. And of course tune in to see how well I can act like my finger didn’t just fall off in this upcoming season of @911onfox"

Oh man, I can’t wait for Drew McIntyre as a heavy for the Scottish mob, or Braun Strowman as a coach of an inner city pee wee b-ball team who gets involved in the action of taking down the gangs corrupting the youth, or maybe Alexa Bliss as a Cyberpunk stripper/heavy for a Neo Detroit mob boss, and they all have to hit their signature moves once in contrived ways.

Edit: In reference to wrestlers making cameos on Fox Network programming.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't think we'll see it from AEW.

I hope not but I think it depends on how much creative liberty they give the talent. A lot of these guys were raised in a wrestling culture where sleazy angles and "shocking" moments are part of the norm. This shit goes back to at least the 80s so I expect we will get a few moments where we all collectively shake our heads. 

Apparently a whole host of WWE folks had to wind sprint across the Atlanta airport to make their connecting flight to Orlando because Delta decided to have the connection leave early.

The thought of the folks who saw that as it happened is making me chuckle.

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently a whole host of WWE folks had to wind sprint across the Atlanta airport to make their connecting flight to Orlando because Delta decided to have the connection leave early.

Maybe they were all just chasing Elias....

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Just yesterday I was telling my coworker how the Atlanta airport is the worst place on earth.  

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

• Haha 1

These new XFL logos look like they came off some discount knockoff NFL team stickers manufactured in China that you'd see at a Dollar Tree. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

These new XFL logos look like they came off some discount knockoff NFL team stickers manufactured in China that you'd see at a Dollar Tree. 

Don't they look like generic logos on google? Holy fuck, that's amazing.

14 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Those logos look that failed football league from a year ago. I assume they must have bought some unused logos from that dead league to save cash.

7 minutes ago, Log said:

I love how 90% of their Titantron videos are just the wrestlers last name slowly turning.

NXT's been lazy. Remember how they used free stock images and templates for the tron of a heavily-pushed tag team?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

NXT's been lazy. Remember how they used free stock images and templates for the tron of a heavily-pushed tag team?

Which tag team was that?  I know I've seen it, but I'm drawing a blank.