DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

23 hours ago, caley said:

I just stumbled across No Way Jose’s instagram And it’s pretty much the saddest thing ever.  Nearly every post is him challenging someone to a match that’s never gonna happen (“Hey Shinsuke how about I challenge you for the IC title !”), appealing to WWE for opportunities (Tried to get Shane to put him as Romans partner a few weeks back) or photoshopping himself into things (Like a photo of him with a KOTR crown).  Poor guy.  

Case in point

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

*re-sign

That's what I meant.

Just now, RIPPA said:

Too slow old man!

Who you calling old, grandpa?  Just because my beard is half grey!

Can y'all help me find a clip of a spot from an indy show, or at least the date of the show it happened on?  It was from JAPW (or possibly UPW) from 2000-01.  The clip was one of the little flippy guys (I want to say Insane Dragon or maybe Dixie) doing a 450 plancha off of the entryway onto a group of dudes, overshooting, and spiking himself on the concrete.  Pretty sure it got used frequently in the montages on RF tapes after that.

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Can we just reopen the Sasha dumpster fire thread now, to let niners and his opposite numbers keep all that stuff in one place? ?

It was kept to one place. It was all condensed to the RAW thread where the discussion belonged.  Anyone could have brought up anything else that happened on RAW at any time and besides the thread started out fine until the last couple pages. It was Sasha's return show.  I don't expect this "King's Court" to be a big discussion.  Those segments usually aren't much to write home about.  

I'm more interested in the King of the Ring tournament. 

9 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

That tweet should be the top result when you Google "punching down." 

Seriously. Two talented workers stuck in midcard spots on a C show whose most noteworthy moment this year is being squashed 3 on 1 by a guy who had just been outed as a racist against the race they happen to be. Can’t imagine why they would be fed up.

Hell, to this day, Kalisto probably has Baron Corbins best match in his pocket, where as Brauns stuff with Corbin barely registers as passively. And I don’t dislike Braun.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Jim Cornette's trending on Twitter for being a sexist ass.   

That's roughly all the good that's coming out of this and all that needs to be said. 

I dunno, David Starr did own Corny pretty hard for a while there earlier on.

Cornette called Jordynne Grace a Butterface. Which is odd, because I was under the impression that she was physically exactly the type of Woman he was into. If she wore more leather and carried a whip around or something, like.

• Like 3

Kalisto is a great example of someone who is just taking up space that should be allowed to leave. They've tried for years to make him Rey II and he was terrible at it. Now they not only have Rey I back, but several others that would be far better at being Rey II (including both other members of LHP). Also, I'd be filled with joy if I never had to see that stupid heatless "Lu! Cha!" pose/chant again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Kalisto is a great example of someone who is just taking up space that should be allowed to leave. They've tried for years to make him Rey II and he was terrible at it. Now they not only have Rey I back, but several others that would be far better at being Rey II (including both other members of LHP). Also, I'd be filled with joy if I never had to see that stupid heatless "Lu! Cha!" pose/chant again.

I was with you till you said Lince Dorado was better then Kalisto then you completely lost me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PB-13 said:

Naah, it'd just be each side yelling at respective brick walls with no one listening.

I listen. I don’t give a shit what the other side has to say, but I listen. Wait, that’s hearing. No, I don’t listen...

Kalisto (and Sasha) were just down in Mexico training this weekend.  I think he and Metalik will land some offers. I don't know WWE stooges feel the need to comment on what others want to do with their careers.   Seth commenting on Moxley going to AEW made me sick.  He's supposed to be a friend of yours,  wish him well and let that be the end of it. 

• Like 2