DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

58 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I just saw on Twitter than Lance is closing his school after the next session. 

Did I miss that being posted here? 

I don’t know if it was

Part of that is I was waiting for him to announce which fed he was working for

Lance Storm indicated on a podcast with Bryan Alvarez that one main reason for him closing his school is that as a trainer he likes to be very "hands-on" (i.e. spending time in the ring, bumping etc. with his students) and he is feeling that his body cannot really handle it anymore in the long run. I am sure he could get a gig in Florida in the PC, though I am not really sure if that is what he wants. Considering the time he spent at home since the retired as a fulltime wrestler, I doubt he wants to go back on the road as an agent. What other wrestling-related options are there for him?

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I don’t know if it was

Part of that is I was waiting for him to announce which fed he was working for

I’m super curious too. He seems to be hinting that he’s being hired for his training expertise. If it’s AEW, then they might be starting up their own performance center/Power Plant. If it’s the WWE, then... Well he won’t be head trainer, but no veteran can expect to get that kind of special treatment. Have their been rumors of another Performance Center in the near future?

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Sounds right in my head.  I think he was coming off the Matt feud and he had won MITB and then he ended a long Cena reign (after Cena won an Elimination Chamber Match). 

He won MitB at Mania in April, and cashed it in in early January. Momentum sustained for nine months seems unlikely, he had a Kane feud. I think the ratings spike was partly it being January when the NFL regular season had finished, and partly the casual fans who check in and out because nothing ever changes heard something had changed. And announcing a Live Sex Show on TV was always going to be a one-off ratings draw. Plus they moved the belt off of him very quickly afterwards (18 day reign; Two RAWs), so we'll never know if it would have been a sustainable ratings increase.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Off the top of my head, I might also include:

The flair match, his Mania match with Taker, Christian's turn when hit edge with the Stanley Cup style KOTR trophy, some of the stuff with vicki. 

He also had the first TLC match, which may have been mentioned as one of the Hardy bumps.

Between that TLC match and the Flair match, Edge apparently put his working boots on in Raleigh.

12 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

He also had the first TLC match, which may have been mentioned as one of the Hardy bumps.

Between that TLC match and the Flair match, Edge apparently put his working boots on in Raleigh.

He lives in North Carolina, doesn't he?

Saw it mentioned a couple pages back, but my outside wrestling hobbies are training Muay Thai, going to Braves baseball games, chillin’ with the wife and my nieces, and movies and stuff. I also collect funko pop! And Wwe Mattel’s...

On 8/15/2019 at 11:54 PM, Edwin said:

For what it's worth, the Colon's are working for WWC in Puerto Rico while still being on WWE's payroll.

The Orlando Colon feud with Gilbert is probably my favorite storyline in wrestling at the moment. I think Anniversario was this weekend, too. Maybe the blowoff of that feud?

11 hours ago, D.Z said:

King Corbin. King RickoShea. King Joe but he starts losing even more.

Joe worked as King Joe in Zero-1.

If Joe wins, he needs a King Haku style coronation. For some reason, he's the only one I could see pulling that off really well. Maybe Cesaro, too. I don't see any of the others pulling off a cape and crown well. If Joe wins, there should be a haka dance, Polynesian women in grass skirts, and a pig roast. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I haven’t listened to the pod lance did with Jericho last week yet, so I don’t know if it came up there. 

i cant remember them saying anything about it, but if they did it was only a brief mentioned to acknowledge it. the show was all about their time in SMW and specifically the Night of Legends match.

Andrade should win then let everyone know that in Spanish "King" = "Rey" and that there can be only one Latin King of WWE so he will need to put Mysterio down.

This ends in a Mania match for the name Rey ala Booker vs Big for the letter T

?

Edited by L_W_P
  • Like 2

I am surprised WWE hasn't done a Queen Of The Ring just to have Charlotte win it and challenge Bayley at Survivor Series.

They could also have Liv Morgan get to the final and take Charlotte to the limit and start to push her.