DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

2 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Um... Wagner hasn't grown his hair back from when he lost the Mask vs. Hair match from THIS month... I think that's a mistake, although there very well could be some sort of Wagner/Demon match, but it'll likely be a tag.

I kinda find it peculiar booking that there's an NXT show in my suburb on a Friday night in September, and then there's a Friday night Smackdown house show in the main arena in the market exactly 4 weeks later in October. 

Gotta imagine there'll be people who will pick one over another and mess with how much business either could do. The crowd I saw at the NXT show back in 2017 in the same smaller arena was a mix of hardcores and a bunch of families who were probably drawn in more by the show being closer to them and being less expensive than what they think WWE shows regularly are. So, if you're buying tickets to take your kid to a show, you're more likely to pick just one of NXT or Smackdown instead of doing both.

Then again with their scheduling and the sheer range of cities to cover.. having 2 non-televised shows in the same county within a month of each other is probably pretty rare for the WWE too.

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

BTW, I think it was the Trevor Noah episode that was the most impressive. He went through every wing without breaking a sweat and without a sip of anything. At least I think it was that episode. 

Never...Ever...Not in a million years...On your life...challenge anyone from Africa in a spicy food eating contest.  You will lose.  They won't break a sweat.  You'll feel like a bitch.  She will never look at you the same again.  

• Haha 2

for the record, the advertised Smackdown house show main event for October involves a triple threat with Kofi, Dolph and someone else who I should have noticed. Obviously card subject to change. But even without knowing who the 3rd person is, i'm guessing Dolph eats the fall.

The main event for the NXT card I went to in 2017 was Aleister/Hideo Itami vs Andrade/Bobby Roode. Which was probably technically better than the Abyss/Jarrett vs Beer Money tag match I saw in that building a few years earlier.

Just to go back - this is literally what Dave wrote in the WON about the WWE talking to CMLL

With Sofia Alonso taking over control of CMLL after Paco Alonso passed away, WWE has had talks with the promotion.

WWE has opened up talks about bringing a number of people in that they’ve never had any interest in, with the obvious reason that there is a belief they could be of value to the opposition

But hey - other websites are going to write full stories about it that DZ is going to post here so they get clicks

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

for the record, the advertised Smackdown house show main event for October involves a triple threat with Kofi, Dolph and someone else who I should have noticed. Obviously card subject to change. But even without knowing who the 3rd person is, i'm guessing Dolph eats the fall.

I am assuming the person you are forgetting is Randy Orton because that is a match that has been advertised in other places

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

Um... Wagner hasn't grown his hair back from when he lost the Mask vs. Hair match from THIS month... I think that's a mistake, although there very well could be some sort of Wagner/Demon match, but it'll likely be a tag.

Did they go through with shaving Wagner's hair, or did he do a stretcher job to get out of it/ sell the finish? The YouTube bootleg I watched cut out the post match.

4 hours ago, AxB said:

Did they go through with shaving Wagner's hair, or did he do a stretcher job to get out of it/ sell the finish? The YouTube bootleg I watched cut out the post match.

Yup, he came back out and got shaved.  Then dyed his beard.