DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

24 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Sanity's theme was basically "My Name is Mud". The laughing in their theme was tailor made for Les Claypool. 

If Strowman were to ever have a world title match at WM, Mastodon needs to play his theme. 

The Bludgeon Brothers theme had a Scandinavian, folk metal vibe to it.

Mastodon playing Braun out to Blood and Thunder is always the dream. Hell, if we ever get the ultimate hoss WM main event between Braun and Roman or Braun and Drew Mac, have Mastodon play for Braun and anyone else heavy as fuck play for Roman or Drew.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Mastodon playing Braun out to Blood and Thunder is always the dream. Hell, if we ever get the ultimate hoss WM main event between Braun and Roman or Braun and Drew Mac, have Mastodon play for Braun and anyone else heavy as fuck play for Roman or Drew.

I'd love to see how Rammstein could put their own touch on Walter's theme.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The bridge of that song is a deathmatch fed’s wet dream.

”AIM DIRECTLY FOR HIS CROOKED BROW

AND LOOK HIM STRAIGHT IN THE EYE”

• Like 3

On 8/13/2019 at 8:19 AM, HarryArchieGus said:

You have absolutely no need to watch the wwe brand.  Get to know NJPW world as I have.  That along with AEW is more than enough wrestling.  The G1 has had more excellent bouts in less than a month than what I assume wwe has in at least a years run.

I dropped out even earlier with the Triple Haightch main event run.  Took a look in with the ecw ons ppvs and then left again after week 1 of the revival ecw tv.  I’m sure there’s been some good runs in the 15 years I missed, but there is so much more out there.  Ever taken a deep dive on All Japan Mid 90s or Mid-south in the 80s?  And those are the most obvious.  But for modern times, get into the thick of it with new japan.  

I'm the opposite to this -- I've watched so much Japanese pro-wrestling through the years that I honestly have no interest in it anymore.

I'll dig up some old New Japan matches every now and then, but personally I'd rather watch monsters and masked Puerto Rican wrestlers in W*ING than a 7 star Dave Meltzer epic Okada or Tanahashi match. Also, I've seen endless hours of peak 70's - 90's All Japan and New Japan, early 00's Noah, Osaka Pro, Battlarts, DDT, etc. and prefer those to modern New Japan as I've posted previously, but even then I find that gets boring after a bit now (or may simply be that I watched so much of it through the years that I'm still burned out?).

Same with AEW -- I've seen so many indy shows in the past 20 years, I have no interest in watching most indy shows on TV anymore. Also, I prefer the indy days when Claudio Castagnoli vs. American Dragon was a semi main event over the modern superkick filled main events of the Lucha Brothers and the Young Bucks. I love some of the guys still around like Thatcher, Teddy Hart and DBS Jr., but my interest isn't enough to jump through endlessly loop holes to watch a 10 minute match, so I barely bother doing so.

The only pro-wrestling that keeps me entertained now is when I get to go to live shows which are mostly NXT Florida loop shows or a random indy event now and then as attending them live is a lot more entertaining than watching on TV.

45 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Same with AEW -- I've seen so many indy shows in the past 20 years, I have no interest in watching most indy shows on TV anymore. Also, I prefer the indy days when Claudio Castagnoli vs. American Dragon was a semi main event over the modern superkick filled main events of the Lucha Brothers and the Young Bucks. I love some of the guys still around like Thatcher, Teddy Hart and DBS Jr., but my interest isn't enough to jump through endlessly loop holes to watch a 10 minute match, so I barely bother doing so.

This is, I hope, not that contentious an opinion.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Back around 1998/99, Slayer was going to do a theme for, of all people...Test. My guess is it would have been similar to the Diabolus in Musica album.

Quoting for the Slayer reference. I've never purchased a Slayer album, (nor seen them live) and I'd call myself a casual metal fan at best, but back in like 99/00 a work buddy let me borrow a bunch of CDs to intro me to new stuff. TLDR; my first wrestling music video I edited was to a Slayer song. I couldn't tell you which song, or album. 

If getting people talking is a measure of success, AEW's social media is super successful. Brandi just tweeted something about "2pm a piece of the puzzle, 8pm a nail in the coffin".

Undertaker to AEW confirmed~!

• Like 1

Was at the Millenia Mall on Monday with my wife and we ran into Matt Bloom which was pretty cool. No, I did not bother him for photos or anything. Also, he's not as big as he comes across on TV.

14 hours ago, Craig H said:

I think a Mastodon crossover would be the only thing to get me on the Braun train. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'd love to see how Rammstein could put their own touch on Walter's theme.

There was an album a few years back where a philharmonic orchestra interpreted Rammstein songs. It was a very ill fit and my worst musical purchase, despite Rammstein being one of my all time favourite bands.

Therefore I'm skeptical. I also think WALTER's theme is pretty much perfect, so I'm a bit biased regarding this particular topic of discussion. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

There was an album a few years back where a philharmonic orchestra interpreted Rammstein songs. It was a very ill fit and my worst musical purchase, despite Rammstein being one of my all time favourite bands.

Therefore I'm skeptical. I also think WALTER's theme is pretty much perfect, so I'm a bit biased regarding this particular topic of discussion. 

If you haven't heard it before, this is a good non-rock interpretation of a Rammstein song -

If Walter's theme is going to be played live, get Therion on the set.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Anyone know if Dave gave any context on the WWE/CMLL talks?

Vince asking if Sofia has any more guys that think they want US careers to either join the Lucha House Party or bang one of Vince's chosen blondes?