DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

At a guess, Vince has booked a show in the same town at the same time as an AEW show. Or gone into his old bag of tricks and booked a building the day before AEW is running it (although their Saturday - Wednesday schedule might stymie his ability to do that).

Just now, AxB said:

At a guess, Vince has booked a show in the same town at the same time as an AEW show. Or gone into his old bag of tricks and booked a building the day before AEW is running it (although their Saturday - Wednesday schedule might stymie his ability to do that).

If they book a building the day before AEW at this point, I fully expect AEW to outdraw them.  The WWE is as stale as they have ever been, and AEW is a shiny new toy that wrestling fans desperately want to play with.  

Sounds like Tony Schiavone is probably going to be working for WWE or AEW soon. They announced on the podcast this week that Tony's last live show would be in September, which usually happens when someone gets hired somewhere.

45 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I want Orton and Kofi to both grab Ziggler and double pin him within seconds

Then again everybody probably wants that

EDIT: OOOO! OOOO! Trouble in Paradise into RKO into double pin. Then he complains and they do it again

Or they are just advertising a dark match like they do in multiple other markets. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, D.Z said:

To be fair, though, this means less than nothing.  They’ve been running ads all summer in Canada hyping the post-SS Raw in Toronto with promises (threats?) of Seth/Becky vs Corbin/Lacey and the latter two never even appeared on Raw much less main-events it.  

That said, I do expect a big push of some sort for Ziggler because he’s one of the few heels to garner a negative reaction (Though I’m not sure how much is genuine Heat and how much is just “Ah shit not this guy again”), re-signed with WWE fairly recently (I think...I can’t keep Dolph’s threats to leave straight in my head) but also because he made Goldberg look good, got thoroughly squashed and didn’t sulk or pout about it.  Often times that will lead to getting rewarded for good behaviour and nothing would be more WWE than Dolph sneaking into a 3-way and stealing the title.  

Remember when Ring of Honor and Gabe himself on commentary completely shit on him because New Japan said he had to win a tournament.  That was 15 YEARS AGO.  And now he is in NXT  ?.   And the truth is he really hasn't gotten any better since then

• Haha 2

I just saw Aaron Aguilera -who wrestled in WWE as Jesus who stabbed John Cena on the orders of Carlito, had a cup of coffee in WWE, then was released- on the new Card Sharks game show.  His appearance 

was probably just as non-descript as his WWE career

Just now, Edwin said:

American Balloon was the best. He used to post on this board during his short lived DDT run.

He had one of the funniest moment I remember live when he was in that Chikara King of Trios match and actually caught a running boot from I think Yago (maybe someone else) between his tits 

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

WWE justs slots Dolph in and then they put him back down, over and over.

Anyway in other news.

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/kendo-kashin-joins-wwe-performance-center-coaching-staff

Rookies08142019ha_41--edd813dc1410fec5b1

Why, just why?

1 hour ago, caley said:

I just saw Aaron Aguilera -who wrestled in WWE as Jesus who stabbed John Cena on the orders of Carlito, had a cup of coffee in WWE, then was released- on the new Card Sharks game show.  His appearance 

Hide contents

was probably just as non-descript as his WWE career

You forgot his time as the Zodiac in AJPW.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 8:43 PM, MORELOCK said:

Ridiculous.

For someone that looks like Aleister Black, and his actual background, he should be coming to the ring to something like King Diamond or Mercyful Fate.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

On 8/13/2019 at 10:01 AM, nate said:

I'd like to submit that the rise and fall of Bruderschaft de Kruzes (I've prob misspelled that) is really good.

And pretty much any King of Trios card is solid, with my favorite being the year that hosted the return of the original 1-2-3 Kid.

I'd go with the 12 Large Summit as well.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 8:19 AM, HarryArchieGus said:

You have absolutely no need to watch the wwe brand.  Get to know NJPW world as I have.  That along with AEW is more than enough wrestling.  The G1 has had more excellent bouts in less than a month than what I assume wwe has in at least a years run.

I dropped out even earlier with the Triple Haightch main event run.  Took a look in with the ecw ons ppvs and then left again after week 1 of the revival ecw tv.  I’m sure there’s been some good runs in the 15 years I missed, but there is so much more out there.  Ever taken a deep dive on All Japan Mid 90s or Mid-south in the 80s?  And those are the most obvious.  But for modern times, get into the thick of it with new japan.  

That's what I'm doing mostly, along with Impact still, MLW, GCW, and other indies.

On 8/13/2019 at 8:30 PM, Curt McGirt said:

I'm a metal fan and the only WWE theme that is remotely good in that vein (as in supposedly "heavy") to me is Strowman's.

The last one before that was... uhhh... hmmm... Vader's? 

Sanity's theme was basically "My Name is Mud". The laughing in their theme was tailor made for Les Claypool. 

If Strowman were to ever have a world title match at WM, Mastodon needs to play his theme. 

The Bludgeon Brothers theme had a Scandinavian, folk metal vibe to it.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie