DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

3 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Buddy Murphy is challenging Roman to a match on SmackDown. 

I can dig that. I was surprised at how little of a height difference there was between Murphy and Roman. Also, Jesus, standing up to Roman, Murphy looks bigger than I thought. I'm used to seeing him against other 205 dudes, but he looks jacked liked Benoit.

Announced for RAW

Rey Jr vs. Andrade - 2 out of 3 Falls

Cedric Alexander vs. Drew McIntyre

Also Steve Austin will be appearing via Skype to "give his reaction to the Rollins/Lesnar match"

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Announced for RAW

Also Steve Austin will be appearing via Skype to "give his reaction to the Rollins/Lesnar match"

Wow. I guess they’re gonna keep rolling legends out to “sign off” on Seth Rollins as champ. It won’t work, because it’s Seth Rollins, but it’s funny to me that they’re gonna keep doing that.

44 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Announced for RAW

39 minutes ago, just drew said:

Wow. I guess they’re gonna keep rolling legends out to “sign off” on Seth Rollins as champ. It won’t work, because it’s Seth Rollins, but it’s funny to me that they’re gonna keep doing that.

iXkwtyD.jpg

I'm so sorry

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 15

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Buddy Murphy is challenging Roman to a match on SmackDown. 

Having flashbacks to when an unheralded Buddy Murphy took on then-NXT Champ Aleister Black on the Coconut Loop last year and tore the house down. Hopefully he and Roman get the time to do it again on a much-larger scale.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

If Twitter replies are accepted as valid contracts - it is on

They should demote Murphy back down to NXT for not responding with "I'm not your Buddy, Guy."

Also, Rollins should be revealed as the person trying to kill Reigns.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, BEN! said:

Also, Rollins should be revealed as the person trying to kill Reigns.

That would be tremendous. I had thought about Seth being jealous of Roman sharing the WWE 2K20 cover and other PR moments with Becky. There would be nothing happening between them, but Seth's warped mind went there and his vindictive side comes out.

Had a moment of clarity last night when I realized I was following results on Twitter for a show I don’t watch, by a company I haven’t supported for 12 years and fully intend to never watch again, and logged off.

What do you all do when you’re burnt out on wrestling? DIFFICULTY LEVEL: It is almost 100% of my pop culture consumption anymore, even when I’m not watching.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Super Ape said:

Had a moment of clarity last night when I realized I was following results on Twitter for a show I don’t watch, by a company I haven’t supported for 12 years and fully intend to never watch again, and logged off.

What do you all do when you’re burnt out on wrestling? DIFFICULTY LEVEL: It is almost 100% of my pop culture consumption anymore, even when I’m not watching.

Ignore new wrestling.

Watch old wrestling.

There's new old footage popping up every week from all around the world, much of it back from an era where everything wasn't so meta, where the narrative spoke for itself and everything wasn't self-aware and winking all the time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Is it wrestling in general you're burnt out on, or current WWE? Watching old stuff usually helps me to rediscover what I love about wrestling.

I stopped watching WWE in 2007 after the fake Donald Trump/fake Rosie O’Donnell March and swore they would never get a dime from me again. Since then, no PPVs, no Network, no nothing. I didn’t come back for Daniel Bryan’s finest hour, so there is nothing they can do to bring me back. And they already own most of wrestling’s past, so that’s a no go too.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Super Ape said:

You have absolutely no need to watch the wwe brand.  Get to know NJPW world as I have.  That along with AEW is more than enough wrestling.  The G1 has had more excellent bouts in less than a month than what I assume wwe has in at least a years run.

17 minutes ago, Super Ape said:

I stopped watching WWE in 2007 after the fake Donald Trump/fake Rosie O’Donnell March and swore they would never get a dime from me again. Since then, no PPVs, no Network, no nothing. I didn’t come back for Daniel Bryan’s finest hour, so there is nothing they can do to bring me back. And they already own most of wrestling’s past, so that’s a no go too.

I dropped out even earlier with the Triple Haightch main event run.  Took a look in with the ecw ons ppvs and then left again after week 1 of the revival ecw tv.  I’m sure there’s been some good runs in the 15 years I missed, but there is so much more out there.  Ever taken a deep dive on All Japan Mid 90s or Mid-south in the 80s?  And those are the most obvious.  But for modern times, get into the thick of it with new japan.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

You have absolutely no need to watch the wwe brand.  Get to know NJPW world as I have.  That along with AEW is more than enough wrestling.  The G1 has had more excellent bouts in less than a month than what I assume wwe has in at least a years run.

I dropped out even earlier with the Triple Haightch main event run.  Took a look in with the ecw ons ppvs and then left again after week 1 of the revival ecw tv.  I’m sure there’s been some good runs in the 15 years I missed, but there is so much more out there.  Ever taken a deep dive on All Japan Mid 90s or Mid-south in the 80s?  And those are the most obvious.  But for modern times, get into the thick of it with new japan.  

That’s the problem. I can’t get hyped up for any of it. I’m basically Team AEW not because I believe the hype, but because I’m THAT anti-WWE and want these guys to win the war. I only really follow CHIKARA and it’s adjacent indies in PA/NJ, but looking outside that sphere just sounds so... tiring.

• Like 1