DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

34 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Possibly the weirdest comment I've seen on this board*

*'Latina floppies' was funny, not weird

We'll agree to disagree, my friend.

Latina Floppies is a misquote. He actually said "Foppies". and "Bacon Stip".

Guess you spell things wrong, when you type one-handed.

Mark Hunt was really pissed off about Brock juicing when they fought, because he (Hunt) wasn't juicing even when it was basically legal in fighting (when he started in K-1, he asked about steroid testing and was told "You can do whatever you want"), but he figured he'd made it through that era with his health intact, and now everyone fights clean or doesn't fight at all. Then Lesnar fails his pre-fight drug test and they let him get in the Octagon anyway. Not that he actually hurt Hunt, but it was shady as hell. Besides which, Hunt is friends with Gary Goodridge who has dementia pugilistica now, and considers fighting in the steroid era to be a big part of the reason why.

Re: WWE buying FITE

This is the full blurb from the WON

WWE has had recent interest in purchasing Fite TV to the point there are meetings upcoming regarding it. What that would mean isn’t clear, as could they just own it thinking it’s a good future business and have it run separately, or incorporate it into a higher tiered network. One thing for sure, it would make indies that work with Fite TV in jeopardy in some form, and the key is, it would for sure shut down AEW’s leading streaming partner. That said, AEW can get a new streaming partner within the Turner family and may end up that way anyway, and WWE talks to a lot of people and that doesn’t mean a deal is getting done

But okay - ALL PROMOTIONS ARE CLOSING!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Super Ape said:

I’m going to vomit. Stuff like this is why I call WWE “The Enemy.”

It's gross.  Buy out the competition instead of making your shitty product better.  Hell of a business plan, that.

Regarding The Rock and PEDs.  Come on now.  You don't look like that at 47 without a lot of help.  It's one of the things that grosses me out about him.  He put out all this "inspirational" nice guy social media workout shit, all like "if I can do it, you can, too!" while he's just inhaling all the  drugs

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Re: WWE buying FITE

This is the full blurb from the WON

But okay - ALL PROMOTIONS ARE CLOSING!!! 

You know my irrational hatred of WWE. Anything about them buying the competition is bound to make me knee-jerk and freak out.

28 minutes ago, AxB said:

Latina Floppies is a misquote. He actually said "Foppies". and "Bacon Stip".

Guess you spell things wrong, when you type one-handed.

Mark Hunt was really pissed off about Brock juicing when they fought, because he (Hunt) wasn't juicing even when it was basically legal in fighting (when he started in K-1, he asked about steroid testing and was told "You can do whatever you want"), but he figured he'd made it through that era with his health intact, and now everyone fights clean or doesn't fight at all. Then Lesnar fails his pre-fight drug test and they let him get in the Octagon anyway. Not that he actually hurt Hunt, but it was shady as hell. Besides which, Hunt is friends with Gary Goodridge who has dementia pugilistica now, and considers fighting in the steroid era to be a big part of the reason why.

...but are you going to show us your forearms?

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

It's gross.  Buy out the competition instead of making your shitty product better.  Hell of a business plan, that.

Regarding The Rock and PEDs.  Come on now.  You don't look like that at 47 without a lot of help.  It's one of the things that grosses me out about him.  He put out all this "inspirational" nice guy social media workout shit, all like "if I can do it, you can, too!" while he's just inhaling all the  drugs

I grew up during Hulkamania and heard Hogan say shit like this all the time.  I can at say I believed it because I was a kid and didn't know better.  But while I like the stuff Rock says (he tweets all the time so I had to eventually unfollow him) no way in hell do I believe one bit that he's not on something.  I won't judge him, but while I may have tried a couple workouts of his I didn't know about it was mainly for giggles and not actually believing I'd come close to looking like him.

Also, if WWE did buy Fite then I may as well sell/give away everything of theirs I own which would clear up at least a quarter of the house.  And yes I know that's hyperbole but while expected it's maddening to think they would stoop that low.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

That's a really big surprise to me. He's normally not shy about offering opinions regarding things he knows fuck all about. 

Joe Rogan is probably the most vocal advocate for steroid use in MMA, and doesn't realise it himself. In the TRT era he was always talking up how great TRT is because it allows athletes to prolong their careers, and later on (on his podcast) he admits that he himself has been getting testosterone injections every week for 20+ years. But nobody has ever told him (or they have but he didn't listen/ refused to believe them) that Testosterone is an Anabolic Steroid. More than that, Testosterone is THE Anabolic Steroid, that all other anabolic steroids are attempting to mimic/ improve on.

Also, a couple of pages ago, someone brought up Rock wrestling in a shirt in '97, because he'd had surgery to make his chest look better. That isn't why he needed the surgery. The body wants it's hormones to be in balance, and when you unbalance them (by, for example, having an excessively high level of test), it tries to rebalance them itself. One of the ways it does this is to stop producing it's own T*, which is why steroid users are supposed to cycle off every six-eight weeks (also why their testicles shrivel up and stop working). The other way to to start producing excessive levels of Oestrogen. Which means the guys start developing female breast-like tissues in their chests. It's called Gynocomastia. That's what Rock had surgery for, 20+ years ago. When he looked like this:

vlcsnap-2012-12-21-01h35m51s232.png

He was almost certainly on the juice then, largely because Vince wasn't testing and it's a WWE truism that you have to juice if you want a push. Is he natural now? No chance in hell he is. If he was, he'd have a body like Jericho, them being the same age (one year apart) and all.

* One of the few ways steroids are like your harder, Class A recreational drugs; The more you take, the more you need to take to continue getting the same results.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Even if had a filter on, how the fuck does this qualify as skinny? He basically has the physique of someone who usually fights in combat sports in his correct weight class which is kinda his gimmick. Do people know what fighters actually look like when they aren't juiced to the high heavens? 

He's cut to fuck for the photo, but tbf somebody can look really muscular when they're low BF even when they're not. Sheamus looks jacked as fuck on his YouTube channel having dropped weight. 

Ki doesn't look like he has massively developed biceps, which is actually consistent with the fighter look - biceps don't hurt you, but they're the least important muscle for a fighter to develop. I could easily see somebody having forearms bigger than his biceps.

I'm also not going to judge somebody based on photos he may well have done a mini-cut and carb load for - he seems like a dedicated dude, for all his many faults.

I've been focussing on compounds over fluff n pump, and my numbers are up but my biceps aren't what they used to be sob. And I would suggest that training optimisation is a secondary factor in physique changes, obviously in pro wres but probably in MMA too to a lesser extent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Also, a couple of pages ago, someone brought up Rock wrestling in a shirt in '97, because he'd had surgery to make his chest look better.

Wait wait there are people here who didn't know that Rock got surgery to avoid looking like Bob from Fight Club?  Jesus.

4 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Big wrestling weekend for me starts tonight! I've never done 2 shows in a weekend. Got front row seats for ROH Summer Supercard and a suite with my buddies for Summerslam! Gonna be goodtimes ?

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Joe Rogan is probably the most vocal advocate for steroid use in MMA, and doesn't realise it himself. In the TRT era he was always talking up how great TRT is because it allows athletes to prolong their careers, and later on (on his podcast) he admits that he himself has been getting testosterone injections every week for 20+ years. But nobody has ever told him (or they have but he didn't listen/ refused to believe them) that Testosterone is an Anabolic Steroid. More than that, Testosterone is THE Anabolic Steroid, that all other anabolic steroids are attempting to mimic/ improve on.

Also, a couple of pages ago, someone brought up Rock wrestling in a shirt in '97, because he'd had surgery to make his chest look better. That isn't why he needed the surgery. The body wants it's hormones to be in balance, and when you unbalance them (by, for example, having an excessively high level of test), it tries to rebalance them itself. One of the ways it does this is to stop producing it's own T*, which is why steroid users are supposed to cycle off every six-eight weeks (also why their testicles shrivel up and stop working). The other way to to start producing excessive levels of Oestrogen. Which means the guys start developing female breast-like tissues in their chests. It's called Gynocomastia. That's what Rock had surgery for, 20+ years ago. When he looked like this:

vlcsnap-2012-12-21-01h35m51s232.png

He was almost certainly on the juice then, largely because Vince wasn't testing and it's a WWE truism that you have to juice if you want a push. Is he natural now? No chance in hell he is. If he was, he'd have a body like Jericho, them being the same age (one year apart) and all.

* One of the few ways steroids are like your harder, Class A recreational drugs; The more you take, the more you need to take to continue getting the same results.

Maybe I wasn't 100% clear, but I was trying to point out that a dude who was that obviously juicing while wrestling and then got bigger and more muscular after he stopped wrestling is obviously still juicing.  A couple of posts later I literally said I'd bet he had more steroids than blood in his body.  

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 10:58 AM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It disgust me that Koko B. Ware, and Kid Rock made it in before before ICP.

You know what, for Stranglemania 1 and 2 and the first two JCW videos, I'm willing to accept them in the HoF. The moment in JCW Vol. 1 Bundy is complaining about a payoff and the camera pans over to reveal the Rock and Roll Express casually sitting on a couch drinking beers is pretty entertaining. It's juvenile and doesn't age well but there are some genuine fun moments in those shows. Plus, I went to a JCW live event here (Psychopathic Records first Toledo event since the ill-fated Gathering) and got to finally see Tracy Smothers live and shared a joint with Sabu so thanks, ICP. 

• Like 2

Vince looking to buy Fite is right out of his playbook, so it's not surprising. The thing is, that playbook is so out of date now. He's likely doing this to hurt AEW, but they have other streaming avenues available so purchasing Fite is only going to hurt other indy promotions instead of the company he wants to impair.

That's the part that sucks. Not one person should shed a tear for AEW because they'll be fine when it comes to streaming, but it could really hurt other promotions.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

You know what, for Stranglemania 1 and 2 and the first two JCW videos, I'm willing to accept them in the HoF. The moment in JCW Vol. 1 Bundy is complaining about a payoff and the camera pans over to reveal the Rock and Roll Express casually sitting on a couch drinking beers is pretty entertaining. It's juvenile and doesn't age well but there are some genuine fun moments in those shows. Plus, I went to a JCW live event here (Psychopathic Records first Toledo event since the ill-fated Gathering) and got to finally see Tracy Smothers live and shared a joint with Sabu so thanks, ICP. 

I have more vivid, fonder memories of Stranglemania 1 than anything WWE has done in a while.