DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

37 minutes ago, The Great ML said:

Nitpick...That was the 89 NWA Summer booking committee.

Verne called him ‘Big’ Scott Hall.

That I remember anything from the 1980s is actually sort of amazing. I was still pretty foggy in 1989.

• Like 1

TIL that my birthday falls on a Thursday this year. I learned this because Blood Money 4 takes place on Thursday, October 31. So, that's neat.

Happy Halloween/birthday to me!

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

The Ray's mascot isn't the only thing Riddle buried.

Riddle is pretty versatile because he can work as a face and people like him but bro's natural tendency is to be a heel. The sooner they get him there, the better. Him and Keith Lee as part of a group of douchebags = $$$.

12 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Crown Jewel 2: Blood Diamonds are Forever* will be held on October 31st from Riyadh, KSA

---

* - not the actual name.

Can we use "Blood Money III: Son of Blood Money", and save "Blood Diamonds are IVever" for the next one?

I binged the Phantasm series, so I would also accept "Blood Money 4: OblIVion".

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Crown Jewel 2: Blood Diamonds are Forever* will be held on October 31st from Riyadh, KSA

---

* - not the actual name.

It's probably a good thing I'm too damn tired to speculate on which wrestlers would play various roles in the Bond films.  The only one I can come up with is Cesaro for Bond but that's a given.

Should also note that it's being reported that SANADA (G1 Spoiler)

Spoiler

got a pinfall win over Okada - which puts him in line for a title shot before Wrestle Kingdom -

because WWE is kicking the tires on bringing him in. 

On 8/4/2019 at 8:56 AM, For Great Justice said:

The Doink clips got me wondering, who is the best non-hoss squash match wrestler? 

I’d give a vote to Kevin Sullivan, I think. His Nitro/WCWSN squashes were usually good for 2 minutes of total carnage.

05.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

TIL that my birthday falls on a Thursday this year. I learned this because Blood Money 4 takes place on Thursday, October 31. So, that's neat.

Happy Halloween/birthday to me!

My birthday also falls on a Thursday this year, November 28, which happens to be Thanksgiving.

Fun fact, Jeffrey Dahmer was beaten to death in prison on my 14th birthday, November 28, 1994.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Reveal hidden contents

got a pinfall win over Okada - which puts him in line for a title shot before Wrestle Kingdom -

I thought they (New Japan) were building towards that anyway.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Has there ever been anything reported about WWE having interest in Sanada?

There has in the past. I can't remember when, but I do recall it at least coming up on WOR.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Reveal hidden contents

This explains...

Why he’s jobbed so much to people outside of Okada in the G1.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

22 minutes ago, Craig H said:

There has in the past. I can't remember when, but I do recall it at least coming up on WOR.

Interesting. I want to say Sanada was/is a WWE fan so always did seem like a place he would go if he got the chance. 

16 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Interesting. I want to say Sanada was/is a WWE fan so always did seem like a place he would go if he got the chance. 

That might be true but at this point I hope he stays in New Japan.  He's on his way to being a top star and it's going to be neat to see him at that point.  To get there and then go to WWE on first chance would be really disappointing.

52 minutes ago, Morganti said:

Actually.  Bringing someone in with a ff7 gimick is actually pretty timely considering that its being remade and rereleased.

I was just thinking that.  Not sure if I would pick him for the role but that would be pretty neat.

1 hour ago, Morganti said:

Actually.  Bringing someone in with a ff7 gimick is actually pretty timely considering that its being remade and rereleased.

If Vince can get so behind the times he's actually on the tip of the nostalgia wave 20 odd years after the fact he'll make a fortune.