DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

3 hours ago, OSJ said:

Why does anyone pay attention to Taz in 2019? That roided-up dwarf hasn't had anything interesting to say since ECW and even that's a stretch.

My only takeaway from the last page of this thread is that Vanilla Ice didn't steal the tazmission because he's taller than Taz.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JetBlack83 said:

When I went to Mr. Danger's Tachibana in 2018 he was actually in the back cooking. Same with Kawada's restaurant, they were just both there in the back fixing the food. So you'd probably have your opportunity! I don't want to clog up the board with images, but I bought a (awesome) shirt while I was there, and the waitress insisted I get a picture with him. He gave me a bag with a towel and two signed coasters. https://imgur.com/a/nNQmP8P 

That is the best wrestling shirt I've ever seen hands down. My God.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JetBlack83 said:

haha! Yeah, second pic is a towel that I guess he gives out, maybe to foreigners? Not sure. They had like little gift packages either for buying merch or just knowing who he is I'm honestly not sure why he gave it to me but it was fucking cool. I think they have a shirt with the same design there. I'm definitely going back when we're in Japan again this December. It's surreal just seeing Mr. Danger back there cooking steak, and honestly it was one of the best meals we had while we were there.

I was disappointed to see so far that it's not available online anywhere, even on their site.  If you happen to get an extra shirt I would gladly give you an address (and money through Paypal) to send that to me.  Though I would think @Tromatagon would want one as well.

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Pretty much W*ANG shirts exclusively. 

Yeah dude most of my W*ING shirts are hard as fuck but goddamn that Mr Danger shit blows them out of the water.  I'm hitting up stashpages as we speak.

Edited by Tromatagon

Uh, when can we start talking about how good Cain Velasquez looked tonight? I really feel for the guy because injuries totally took away what should have been a legendary MMA career, but damn, he looks like he could find second life in pro wrestling.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

Uh, when can we start talking about how good Cain Velasquez looked tonight? I really feel for the guy because injuries totally took away what should have been a legendary MMA career, but damn, he looks like he could find second life in pro wrestling.

I'll probably never get to see the match. What kind of skills did he show? 

17 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Is Fit Finlay a hoss?

Well his nickname was “The Belfast Brawler”, but hmmmm... I guess you could classify him, and guys like him(Benoit, Dean Malenko, Taz, Takeshi Sugiura) as “Shooters”. Basically if you were 6’, and under, tossed around guys, but weren’t built like Mac Trucks, then I would classify you as a “Shooter”. Like the Steiners suplex’d guys, and weren’t super tall, but they were so meaty that they would be categorized as “Hoss”.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, For Great Justice said:

The Doink clips got me wondering, who is the best non-hoss squash match wrestler? 

I’d give a vote to Kevin Sullivan, I think. His Nitro/WCWSN squashes were usually good for 2 minutes of total carnage.

Ah, Kevin Sullivan. Now there's a dude with an awesome double-stomp. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'll probably never get to see the match. What kind of skills did he show? 

Pretty much everything that you would want to see in a guy his size. He appears to have made the transition from MMA to pro-wrestling very smoothly. I think he's going to have a nice (if fairly short) second career. The dude's 37 and at least in MMA seemed quite injury-prone, but working a big man's lucha style is much less taxing, I would hope that he avoids WWE, as working that style is (for him) almost a guarantee of something bad happening, conversely, working a big man's lucha style we could have him around to enjoy for another decade. For someone transitioning from MMA he looked pretty comfortable and smooth in the ring; sort of makes me wonder if he missed his true calling from the very start.

2 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

The Doink clips got me wondering, who is the best non-hoss squash match wrestler? 

I’d give a vote to Kevin Sullivan, I think. His Nitro/WCWSN squashes were usually good for 2 minutes of total carnage.

The Hollywood Blondes always had great Squashes. Either one of them alone were good*, but together they were magical.

* Obviously Pillman was handicapped by being a babyface most of the time. Heel Squashes are a lot more fun usually.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AxB said:

The Hollywood Blondes always had great Squashes. Either one of them alone were good*, but together they were magical.

* Obviously Pillman was handicapped by being a babyface most of the time. Heel Squashes are a lot more fun usually.

The Hollywood Blondes might be the best "they were broken up too soon" short-lived tag team.

Even better than Manny Fernandez and Rick Rude, yeah, I said it, don't @ me with angry comments because my feelings bruise easily.