DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

59 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

I remember it coming out in, get this, PWI. I read that when I was like 12. They said it was sexual assault without any details. I have not heard a soul speak of it since then and never looked it up to see if it was real or not.

Fuck Taz.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The Tazmission is the Katahajime, a legit judo chokehold. How he can claim some kind of exclusivity of that is beyond me. 

Not only that part, but as far as the Tazmission is concerned...didn't Samuel Shaw/Dexter Lumis use the Tazmission as his finisher in TNA?

Independent of Taz's reaction, you have to think Dijakovic trying to wholesale jack another NXT guy's finishing move is kind of a dick move as well.

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The Tazmission is the Katahajime, a legit judo chokehold. How he can claim some kind of exclusivity of that is beyond me. 

More to the point, as you said, it's a ludicrous move unless the person you're choking is wearing clothes so why the hell anyone would want to use it in 2019 and with the advent of MMA knowledge is beyond me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SorceressKnight said:

Not only that part, but as far as the Tazmission is concerned...didn't Samuel Shaw/Dexter Lumis use the Tazmission as his finisher in TNA?

Independent of Taz's reaction, you have to think Dijakovic trying to wholesale jack another NXT guy's finishing move is kind of a dick move as well.

No, he used an Arm Triangle Choke.  Completely different.

6 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

For all the shittiness of the Kliq, X-Pac seems really the most level headed of the bunch, which is absolutely insane after all of his personal issues. Ive been meaning to check his podcast out for a while now and this was a good reminder 

It’s a bit hit and miss. He went through a string of interesting wrestling guests that hadn’t appeared on many other podcasts, and asked a lot of insightful questions. But then other times it can get quite dry and insubstantial when he’s discussing current affairs as he becomes so painfully deliberate in his diplomacy that he says nothing at all. Not that he has to bury everyone Cornette style but give me something, man.

The zoo setup brings some energy but the other folks can come across as a bit sycophantic, and that one woman who just shouts everything she says...maybe it’s an American thing.

But Sean’s genuine chill nature does come across and overall it’s definitely worth checking out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

More to the point, as you said, it's a ludicrous move unless the person you're choking is wearing clothes so why the hell anyone would want to use it in 2019 and with the advent of MMA knowledge is beyond me.

Funnily enough, I was literally just practising this at Judo last night, and I think it could work perfectly well against someone not wearing a top. I'm sure it's not the most efficient, and good luck tying up a professional fighter with it, but it doesn't need clothes to grip for it to work. I don't have much more insight, but I liked the coincidence. And I'd really love to see a Judo match between Samoa Joe and Eddie Dennis, or Ronda Rousey and Taz, or any other Judo trained wrestlers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

This is just Taz going back to his “For me it was a shoot, brotha” gimmick. Guy also said Brock stole Suplex City from him (because Taz also did suplexes you see).

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

God this reminds me of when Vanilla Ice tried to claim that he didn't steal "Under Pressure" because he changed one note

Their's went "Ding ding ding da da DING ding", Ice's went "Ding ding ding da da ding DING".  

Huge difference.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Why does anyone pay attention to Taz in 2019? That roided-up dwarf hasn't had anything interesting to say since ECW and even that's a stretch.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Log said:

Their's went "Ding ding ding da da DING ding", Ice's went "Ding ding ding da da ding DING".  

Huge difference.

This is why the internet is amazing (I wanted to post it with my original post but I was on the way to work)

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

Why does anyone pay attention to Taz in 2019? That roided-up dwarf hasn't had anything interesting to say since ECW and even that's a stretch.

Somehow Taz has a CBS Sports Radio morning drive time show. Although I guess he would be one of the more likely 1990s ECW people to have a radio show in the 2010s.

Although a bunch of radio talk hosts have unintentionally done an FCC-compliant Shane Douglas routine for years.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 11:40 AM, Tromatagon said:

It'd rank way below Mr. Danger Steakhouse on my must visit list but I'd be so sad if I went and didn't get to meet Matsunaga and call him Matsunawa and say I was going to make chop meat out of him HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU do you know what that means?

When I went to Mr. Danger's Tachibana in 2018 he was actually in the back cooking. Same with Kawada's restaurant, they were just both there in the back fixing the food. So you'd probably have your opportunity! I don't want to clog up the board with images, but I bought a (awesome) shirt while I was there, and the waitress insisted I get a picture with him. He gave me a bag with a towel and two signed coasters. https://imgur.com/a/nNQmP8P 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

WHY THE HELL HAVEN'T YOU POSTED THAT BEFORE?! Those shirts (is the latter a towel?) are fucking awesome. I'm sure Casey needs a change of pants now.

This is one of those situations when the trophy doesn't mean "Thanks", it means "That is #1 and The Best"

haha! Yeah, second pic is a towel that I guess he gives out, maybe to foreigners? Not sure. They had like little gift packages either for buying merch or just knowing who he is I'm honestly not sure why he gave it to me but it was fucking cool. I think they have a shirt with the same design there. I'm definitely going back when we're in Japan again this December. It's surreal just seeing Mr. Danger back there cooking steak, and honestly it was one of the best meals we had while we were there.

• Like 3