DVDVR Message Board

SDL is a Total Rewrite - 7/30/2019

Dolfan in NYC

10 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

So Far the King's Court with Trish & Balor vs. Dolph are the only things to survive being on the preview. The preview last I check made no mention of Fire & Desire vs. IIconics. 

Wait.. how are they going to get a title match if they can't get a title match?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have no idea what fuck they were going for with that ending, but everything else was ok at a minimum.

KO/Drew was nice.

Nakamura/Ali was short but fun with plenty saved for a rematch with the belt on the line.

Bayley/Ember vs. Alexa/Nikki was decent. Kind of surprised they seem to be going with Bayley as the heel for this one. Her revenge on Ember was  justified, but the way she carried herself along with Corey being so behind her was just odd.

The setup Charlotte/Trish didn't do much for me, but I'm excited for the match regardless.

I just fast forwarded through Finn/Dolph until the Fiend stuff. Dolph's promo from before was pretty decent though still not much compared to whenever the Miz is given the chance to talk shit to Dolph.

Dug what  saw of Kofi/AJ. Really enjoyed the Randy promo and vid from before.

The women's tag title scene got fucked again with no IIconics vs. Mandy/Sonya match.\

Tonight's show was decent-solid. 

Some folks are theorizing that Summerslam is going to be Daniel Bryan vs. Roman Reigns (with obviously Bryan being the one trying to take out Roman)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Some folks are theorizing that Summerslam is going to be Daniel Bryan vs. Roman Reigns (with obviously Bryan being the one trying to take out Roman)

Little build to it but it's Bryan vs. Reigns going at it. The  match they had at Fastlane 2015 seems to be underrated. I'd say it's one of Bryan and Reigns' best WWE matches.

Edited by The Natural

This was ok, but weird? It actually felt like a Bischoff show to me at times in that you had Bayley weirdly take out Ember like a heel then she acted like a face  and you had the stuff with Roman too. The rest felt like standard Vince shit like having the champion lose in a non-title match, making faces look crappy, etc.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Once in a while I will begrudgingly check in on Nakamura as he was probably my favorite wrestler post- Kawada. Caught a short youtube clip of his SD match and even his ring gear has me shaking my head. Dude looks just like Rick James on the Street Songs album cover. 

Bring him home. 

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

It is kind of a shame that Daniel Bryan is so eco-friendly because based on this week's goofiness and who may or may not be running Smackdown he should definitely attack Roman in a Hummer next week

And then it can be revealed that Rowan was actually the driver and he can tearfully tell Bryan, "I did it. I did it. . .for the Earth."

• Haha 7

Daniel Bryan is such a hypocrite. His carbon footprint must be huge traveling from city to city just so he can tease us with an announcement. Just tell us in an eco-friendly tweet, Daniel.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Swiftian said:

Daniel Bryan is such a hypocrite. His carbon footprint must be huge traveling from city to city just so he can tease us with an announcement. Just tell us in an eco-friendly tweet, Daniel.

With how much pollution server farms put out into the atmosphere?!   smdh

No sir, you get ONE pigeon and he can deliver the news to everyone.  It will just take longer.   

• Like 1