DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is The Catastrophic Failure of Peace Talks - 7/29/2019

Dolfan in NYC

If the SummerSlam card was headlined by Roman vs. Joe with Cedric vs. McIntyre and Styles vs. Ricochet as the primary matches.  Then Bayley vs. Ember Moon and some tag titles stuff to fill out the undercard.  

I'm liked the Lesnar stuff quite a bit I just am not sold on a rematch with Seth as the main event of the second biggest show of the year.  I am also not sold on the RAW women's title situation.  

• Like 1

I wished someone else had a realistic shot of winning the gauntlet. AJ vs Andrade, Cesaro, or especially Rey sounds much more interesting and fresh than just doing that to get to a 4th AJ/Ricochet match. Glad Mike Kanellis got a title reign in WWE.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ryan said:

It should move to TV-MA as fast as possible.

I remember being excited when they went to PG because it meant we wouldn't get anymore angles where, I dunno, a pregnant woman wins a title and then loses it to a guy in some gross sex gag.

Edited by bink_winkleman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bink_winkleman said:

I remember being excited when they went to PG because it meant we wouldn't get anymore angles where, I dunno, a pregnant woman wins a title and then loses it to a guy in some gross sex gag.

I don't think it's the rating.  When they moved to PG we got shit like Hornswaggle in his little leprechaun land and John Cena making poopy jokes.  WWE even when they were at the peak of their powers was never short on terrible ideas. 

• Like 3

It is interesting that - at least for this episode - they have downplayed the Wild Card stuff

The only SDL wrestlers who appeared on RAW (going by where people are assigned on WWE.com) were

• Andrade (and Zelina)
  • Roman Reigns
  • Dolph Ziggler

Now the number goes up a little if you include the 24/7 folks (specifically R-Truth and Carmella) but due to the nature of that title they are in theory supposed to be everywhere.

Also unsurprisingly - Becky Lynch has been stealth moved to the RAW roster

• Like 1

What a great show!  I'm actually glad I DVRed this to watch after my Xbox binge.

As much as I love heel beatdowns leading up to PPVs, I am not sure how I feel about the main event because Brock is incredibly sloppy sometimes and doesn't really appear to care about being too stiff and Seth Rollins ain't the most sympathetic worker on the roster, but mad respect for channeling Ricky Morton and trying to get the kids in the building to shed legit tears by bumping like a fucking pinball and suffering a king-sized Texas dog whipping for our enjoyment.

Seth did his best Ricky Steamboat impression so God bless him for that shit.  I just don't think I'd want to be the guy to death sell for Brocks' ridiculously careless power spots.

And yeah, this was Heyman booking from start to finish.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2