DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is The Catastrophic Failure of Peace Talks - 7/29/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I was TOTALLY expecting a different thread title after Nikki and Becky's Celt off before the match.

The last 30 minutes of that show was the single most vintage Heyman thing I've seen since ECW folded.

• Like 1

Ha,  yeah this was definitely a Paul Heyman show.  He weaved together multiple characters and story lines into the final 30 minutes and it all made sense. Complete with Cedric jumping off the top of the building like New Jack.  I'd say everyone came out looking pretty good heading into SummerSlam.  

THAT BUMP Rollins took on the stretcher was.....    nasty.  

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

In '02 on SmackDown, Mysterio ended his debut SmackDown by jumping from the top of the cage after an Edge-Jericho cage match. 

Heyman knows that making a fresh face jump off of something works every single time. 

But it begs the question: why did they book Cedric like a total geek a few weeks ago if this is where they were going?

That was an astoundingly good Raw actually. Opening with the 24/7 stuff was fun. The gauntlet matches were great apart from Sami's botch. The tag match was really good though I would've preferred some kind of build to the OC being involved in the titles. I thought it would drop off for the final hour but who knew a segment starting with Rollins and Ziggler could lead to so much entertaining mayhem?

The 24/7 stuff was interesting

Becky has been weirdly more heelish this entire feud with Nattie and they went even further with the cheap attack before the sow. I did like Nattie's revenge and challenging out Becky for a Submission match. The injury angle with Bliss was weird, but was enough of a setup for Becky/Nikki.

The gauntlet match was good, especially the Rey/Cesaro portion starting it off.

The triple threat tag match was nice too though I'm disappointed Revival's reign is over.

Brock's attack on Seth was pretty damn brutal, especially those F5s on the chair.

The ending brawl was awesome. I really hope they just giving us some crazy 8-man brawl at Summerslam with all involved.

This was easily the best Raw this year.

Edited by Eivion

19 minutes ago, D.Z said:

EAr0NTqUcAE6nnL?format=jpg&name=large

So we're taking the best thing the WWE has had going for two months and cross-pollinated it with the worst thing WWE has done since Katie Vick.

This was a solid show overall, but man. . .they would have really needed to make an effort to screw up the 24/7 Title, and they may have just done it. Hopefully Smackdown will give us a solid recovery.