DVDVR Message Board

The Boys

Yeah, I mean Edgar is the kind of prick that would take the chance of a catatonic and wasted Noir and swap him out with an insurance policy.  Which may or may not be needed since it looks like whatever the KGB did to Solider Boy seems to have given him the ability to depower supes.  Although if Kimiko is permanently depowered that's going ot be equal parts sad and a best case for her.

I know it's renewed for S4, but I don't know how the hell you get out of this season without killing Homelander.

And the disclaimer at the beginning was great.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 1

When this season started I was wondering if I’d even watch it. I thought maybe I was done with this show. I don’t know what the hell I was thinking! Now, I can’t wait for Fridays to watch this bonkers-ass shit. I love it. 

• Like 1

Yeah. I guess it really is still the original dude in the Noir mask. So much for it being a clone of Homelander. Then again, they’ve deviated a bunch from the comics already and I doubt they would have even thought of repeating the ending from the comics. 

Honestly, I think this is an improvement over the comics. And yeah, everyone is majorly fucked.

At thus point, I'm pretty sure the only shot everyone has is if Frenchie manages to recreate whatever the Russians did to Solider Boy and weaponize it.  Otherwise, yeah.  

I also really like the direction they went with Noir.

• Like 3

Shit, I totally forgot about Serge figuring out they used Novichok on Soldier Boy. Going to be a little hard to make that back in the states unless his Russian frenemies happen to have the chemicals to make it here in the US and that's going to be a stretch.

I'm really, really worried they're going to kill off Butcher or do something crazy like make Butcher a permanent supe. That's the only way I could see Kripke fucking this all up and if they kill off Butcher then it's presumably because Karl Urban is lining up a lot of new work and won't have time to be on the Boys anymore. That's his choice and that would really, really suck. 

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm really, really worried they're going to kill off Butcher or do something crazy like make Butcher a permanent supe. That's the only way I could see Kripke fucking this all up and if they kill off Butcher then it's presumably because Karl Urban is lining up a lot of new work and won't have time to be on the Boys anymore. That's his choice and that would really, really suck. 

I feel like this is only an acceptable result if a new Dredd series is announced.

• Like 1

Kimoko is the best character in this show.

So, they're going to do the Homelander takes over the US arc to wrap the series up apparently.  But with Solider Boy and Noir off the board, they're really gonna pull the trigger on Ryan being the one to kill Homelander, aren't they?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

Kimoko is the best character in this show.

So, they're going to do the Homelander takes over the US arc to wrap the series up apparently.  But with Solider Boy and Noir off the board, they're really gonna pull the trigger on Ryan being the one to kill Homelander, aren't they?

It's Amazon's biggest series even if something shitty like the Terminal List knocked it from the top spot for a week or two. I wouldn't be surprised to see Amazon have the series go beyond next season, but to do that you're going to need to find a way to keep Butcher alive. Maybe dose him with permanent V or something.

I'm also not sure if Ryan could even kill Homelander. Doesn't look like anything can. And Ryan seemed very entertained by his dad murdering a protestor. They did seem to be setting Starlight up to have a higher power level so maybe she's the one to finally do it. Out of everyone, it seemed like she would be the one to take down Homelander or they have basically the whole world turn on and hate Homelander and then they do something like Invincible where he fucks off and leaves the planet.

Very shocked to see them off Noir and basically Maeve. 

They could extend it, but once Homelander and Butcher arw gone, that's pretty much it.  

I only pick Ryan because he's now the closest thing to a Homelander clone there is and they did plant that seed that Ryan could end up picking Butcher over Homelander if that's what it comes down to, especially if Homelander goes as over the top as it looks like he's going to.

• 9 months later...

After telling myself that I need to watch this since ever since it started, I've finally binged all three seasons and this show is great.  Great.

Never read the comics and I think I'm good with that at this point, given all the deviations.  I hope we get an Edgar scene-chewing monologue from prison next season as an October Suprise-type swerve.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 1:04 PM, Raziel said:

They could extend it, but once Homelander and Butcher arw gone, that's pretty much it.  

I only pick Ryan because he's now the closest thing to a Homelander clone there is and they did plant that seed that Ryan could end up picking Butcher over Homelander if that's what it comes down to, especially if Homelander goes as over the top as it looks like he's going to.

I think they established that Ryan has the ability to be stronger than Homelander once he grows up. He's so far the only natural born Supe. He's barely unlocked his powers and he was able to fry the shit out of Storm Front and knock Soldier Boy down. At this point, I don't even know if Soldier Boy's radiation blast would take Ryan's powers b/c he's a natural born supe so I don't think it'd be as simple as "frying the Compound V out of his blood" like SB does to the other Supes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I was going to post one of these videos, but there's been a steady trickle of videos for The Boys going back to last week I think. It started with the video of Homelander talking to himself in the mirror and they've done a few of these update videos ever since.

• 5 months later...

YEEEEESSSSSSSS

Also had no idea Negan was going to be in this season. Really curious to see where they go from last season because they’ve kind of strayed far enough from the comic books.

• Like 1

I'm wondering, since they changed Black Noir's story so much now that he's not the Clone Homelander that is the failsafe for the Real Homelander, if they don't have either Ryan be the one to finally take him down or do they go the darker route.

On 12/4/2023 at 6:47 PM, Eivion said:

Anyone here catch Gen V? Was curious how it turned out.

I'm kinda weird when it comes to what affects me now. The Boys doesn't bother me at all, but the first episode of Gen V gave me the feeling I had when I first saw the episode of Breaking Bad where Jesse is stuck in the house with the junkies and there's a little kid there who doesn't know how to talk and is pretty emotionless when presumably the two parents are killed. The first episode has stuff with self-harm in it and some pretty bad stuff that happens to parents and it made me feel like I had to come back to the series at a later point. I did read some stuff that it's basically season 3.5 of the Boys and there's stuff from Gen V that will be in season 4 so I'll catch up on it before the season 4 premiere.

• Like 2