DVDVR Message Board

The Fiend Remembers SDL - 7/23/2019

Dolfan in NYC

That's good. I thought SmackDown was very good this week and hopefully the extra people liked what they saw.

By the way, whoever is booking Roman to be like this - DON'T STOP. He's fucking awesome. His shit with Joe was one of the few things I liked on Monday. I wonder if they finally get it, that if you have this big beast of a dude be a shit talking badass then people are going to cheer him. He doesn't even have to do or say much. Hell, start having Joe coach him on saying some utterly ruthless and nasty shit. He can still do all of the nice guy stuff like telling KO to give Shane another stunner, but he needs to be the guy you don't want to fuck with and so far he has been.

Also, holy shit are they getting this right with KO. I will fully accept the last however many months of Shane going over if it means that KO whoops his ass at Summerslam.

Like I mentioned in the RAW thread, I usually fast forward through lots of the TV.  I didn't with this show, the exception being the Balor/ Wyatt stuff. I love that people are digging Firefly Funhouse, and I love Jazzersize Bray being coached by a devil Vince puppet. But, it's not grabbing me. I'm probably gonna love the match, but I'm more interested in Joe being the real workhorse of the company. Joe can be put in anything and never lose heat. It's so cool, since when HHH brought him to NXT he flatly told him that the chances of Vince wanting him on the main roster was slim at best, he's become a regular based on hard work and being a master promo.

12 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Balor only uses THE DEMON when it's apparent that Finn could win the match without him.  Also,  when is Mustafa Ali going to get his title shot?  The story is right there...  

This.

Ali calling out Kofi for "taking his shot" is so natural it just has to happen. Great TLC match and Rumble blowoff feud right there.

Also Kofi holding the belt until Mania while Big E or Woods win the Rumble (with the other caught in he middle) is great. They missed that with the Shield so do it here.

Stick it in the middle of the show while Reigns/Rollins puts the crowd to sleep 12 hours in...

• Like 1