DVDVR Message Board

The Fiend Remembers SDL - 7/23/2019

Dolfan in NYC

So goofy Bray and the Fiend are two separate personalities.  I'm hoping Finn doesn't bust out the Demon.

In other news,  it's nice to see a motivated Nakamura having a sweet battle with Apollo Crews and the announce team putting both men over for busting ass.  Strange how that happens when Corey isn't around.

Also, Randy's the #1 contender. Yay.   

(This thread will not become a thread of who can say Fuck Randy the first/loudest/best.  Thank you.)

• Thanks 2

I couldn't catch it between kids' bedtimes and other things, but it sounded pretty good on paper. Lots of continuity driving character motivations and matches forward. Not just Orton/Kofi but across the board. 

How was it as a whole?

Nakamura/Crews was good.

Was nice to see the Firefly Fun House still around and used for pushing the feud with Finn.

No Kabuki Warriors was disappointing though the stuff with Mandy/Sonya taking on IIconics  could lead to some kind of 3-way at Summerslam for the tag belts.

Loved the Kofi/Orton segment. It was nice to see them pulling on history that far back. Orton was ,ic eon the mic as well so hopefully he will be just as motivated if not more come the actual match. I pleased to see Kofi actually get the better of Orton tonight.

I'm kind of disappointed we didn't get a proper Ember/Charlotte match tonight, but I did like Ember taking out both Charlotte and Bayley. I'm curious if this was a full heel turn or just something to give Ember's character some bite. Charlotte being an entitled ass later over being left off of Summerslam was nice. Will be interesting to see who she faces. Hopefully its someone good and a fresh match.

1 minute ago, Casey said:

Charlotte's rumored opponent for SummerSlam is 

Reveal hidden contents

Trish Stratus

Uh, yay, I guess?

Spoiler

I really just want Sasha/Trish though Trish/Charlotte could still be pretty good, espeically if Trish is in as good a shape she was last year.

I quite enjoyed the Miz/Ziggler/HBK segment. Miz was fired up, and I loved how he called out Ziggler to take his shot at him. Honestly, as much as I don't give a fuck about Ziggler I thought everyone did good there, and they actually have me interested in this feud. I just recall the last time Ziggler and Miz feuded it featured some of the best matches of both guys' careers and some of the best mic work from Miz. Hopefully they actually pull from that one, especially if we can get a loser leaves town match with Ziggler actually hitting the road.

The ending with Roman and Owens cleaning house was a nice moment.

48 minutes ago, Casey said:

Charlotte's rumored opponent for SummerSlam is 

Hide contents

Trish Stratus

Uh, yay, I guess?

Now that's a SummerSlam match that does have my interest unlike most of the matches announced.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Peck said:

Enjoyed Xavier/E on commentary. Could have listened to them the entire show.

Yeah I thought they were great at being funny (singing Sexy Boy) while putting over the action (Talking about how much the Kinshasa hurts) and the wrestlers (Praising Crews, cheering on Owens, talking about how good Nakamura was).   It was a far cry from Michael Cole showing up for the second half and nonsensically reverting to his heel persona for one night.  Why not just sub English or Nigel for the night?

I think Orton does feel fresh-ish as a challenger and there’s a lot of history here to pull from between both of them and with Orton’s last couple of years of non-involvement.

It just sucks that Rollins/Brock is the other match. Both of these feels like hour 1 or hour 2 title matches while the $realmainevent tops the show. 

Its a good year for a Rock match or something.

Well, if you think about it, if you get a title match and you win, you do get to be in a title match. As defending champion, like.

• Haha 1

Wyatt and Balor as The New Bar.

they can do feuds where they lose when they're both normal, lose again when Balor becomes the Demon, then lose again when Wyatt becomes the Fiend, then finally win when they both dress up.

(all these losses will happen after they win the belts, of course)

• Like 1