DVDVR Message Board

NFL PRESEASON 2019

Dolfan in NYC

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
3 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Who knew a Twitter parody account could make me cry today.

ESPN is reporting that the Colts won't try to get the signing bonus money back from Luck that they are entitled to, so for once a classy gesture from Irsay. If it was anyone but him, the face of the franchise, you know they would do it.

• Like 3

Update: they knew about it monday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/26/fmia-andrew-luck-the-colts-and-the-retirement-that-rocked-nfls-world/?cid=fmiatw

"There was a time in Monday’s meeting when options were suggested. One of them: Take his time healing the right way without hurrying, and go on IR with a return designation, meaning he could return for the last two months of the season if he got healthy. That seemed to make the most sense—he’d have nine weeks from now to see if the calf/ankle could be fixed, and the Colts would have been more than happy to take the risk of paying $21.25 million for Luck to try to play in 2019, with backup Jacoby Brissett taking some or all the snaps this season. But whatever alternatives got suggested, Luck, one of the smartest players in any sport, seemed immovable."

13 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Man, when you make me like Aikman...

My favorite things about Troy Aikman

1. That meme about him looking exactly like Jay-Z
  2. Him calling his agent and asking how much time he'd get if he beat up Skip Bayless after Skip wrote a column calling him gay.
  3. Anytime he talks about Michael Irvin.  Troy Aikman is never happier than when he's talking about Michael Irvin, they should do a buddy cop movie.  I just want to see them hanging out, because they seem to the best of friends despite having absolutely nothing in common.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 8/25/2019 at 11:30 AM, Kuetsar said:

ESPN is reporting that the Colts won't try to get the signing bonus money back from Luck that they are entitled to, so for once a classy gesture from Irsay. If it was anyone but him, the face of the franchise, you know they would do it.

Unlike the Lions, who went after Barry Sanders for $5m and burned a bridge with him for a decade. 

To be fair, Barry quit for non-injury reasons and apparently timed it to screw the franchise. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Unlike the Lions, who went after Barry Sanders for $5m and burned a bridge with him for a decade. 

To be fair, Barry quit for non-injury reasons and apparently timed it to screw the franchise. 

Didn't they go after Megatron's money as well? And he retired due to injuries and, iirc, with good timing.

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Didn't they go after Megatron's money as well? And he retired due to injuries and, iirc, with good timing.

Apparently, yeah. I'd forgotten that. On the one hand, I get it. On the other hand, it's pretty crappy. 

On 8/17/2019 at 9:12 PM, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Is it ok if I make a new fantasy football thread or is it too early?? We drafted today

On 8/18/2019 at 6:18 AM, RIPPA said:

You definitely drafted too early if that’s what you are asking

And now time has definitely proven Phil correct.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

So the Colts brought to camp for a lookie Matt Cassell and Brandon Weeden.  I mean Cassell I can almost understand but barely.  But clearly they are bringing in Weeden to fuck with the Kapernick supporters right?  

Supposedly Brock Osweiler, too. 

Larry is a fucking idiot.

As for Russell being signed, I would guess no. He was cut at the end of training camp last year, and nobody brought him in since. He is the same size as some CFL defensive ends, so Canada could be an option.

As per usual - we will wait till after the roster cuts before starting the Week 1 thread

Meanwhile - apparently the Dolphins are saying that if the Texans want Laremy Tunsil they need to give up Jadeveon Clowney, a 1st round pick AND another high round draft pick

37 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Tunsil is good, but if Houston is willing to give then that much... Wow

PFT's theory is that trading Tunsil would be an insanely unpopular move within the Fins locker room so if they got that haul back they could be all LOOK AT WHAT WE GOT!!!

It's never gonna happen but yeah