DVDVR Message Board

The Raw Reunion - 7/22/2019

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, Doc Townsend said:

The best thing about this show is that means we're one week closer to the start of football season.

Horrid show.

and AEW's weekly show, and baseball season still going strong

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

19 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

DON'T BRING FLOWERS TO MY FUNERAL~!  GIVE ME MY FUCKING ROSES RIGHT NOW~!

You have to hand it to WWE for recognizing that the existence of social media means that working the marks is an all day / every day thing and that you cannot sleep on any open opportunity to rile up the masses and keep them talking.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Great ML said:

Rey's giving a speech to Zayn backstage talking about respecting those who paved the way...standing there is Jimmy Hart (holding one solitary potato chip for five minutes) along with Alicia Foxx and Jillian Hall.

Eat a dick.

Probably should’ve had Serena Deeb as Paige Webb for the Wrestlicious(Baby) reference.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Filed under "When heels tell you the truth"

Thank you for posting that, was literally just about to.  And that's something that I also noticed with Joe and even Drew's dismissal of Santino and the rest.  It's hard to not feel negative about the whole thing as it was almost depressing seeing some of the "Legends" out there.  I was going to go on this tangent but the more I see Sami's tweet the more that rings true.  And sure, that's an "in character" thing but I'd imagine there's a lot of truth to that.  Add to that that this was an obvious attempt to boost ratings and it's best that they just never do this again.

At least with Cena I get he's doing Hollywood so he's technically a Legend but hard to believe he's not up for a farewell match.  But if that's the case then it would be neat to think he ended it on a mixed tag with Becky and that goddamn haircut.

I'm glad there's the G1 to keep me busy and now after thinking about this I'm heading back to that post-haste.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

They could bring Alicia Fox back to TV, and  set her up with a new gimmick as “The Legendary” Alicia Fox.

Or instead of "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" could just go with Dives, Dives and Dives...

• Haha 2

Wait, a sec, how can she be a "Legend" if she was talking about getting ready for Summerslam?  So is she a Legend or on the active roster?  And if she's considered one while on the roster then how come folks like Ryder, Hawkins and Miz aren't considered that as well?  They've been there around as long as she has.

Oh, right, there's silly ol' me again trying to find logic out of the illogical.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

I was foolish enough to get my hopes up that this would be a Heyman era episode and different than say Raw X, Raw Homecoming, Raw Family Reunion (2006), Raw 15th, Raw 800, Raw 17,  Raw 900, Old School Raw (2010), WWE All Star Night, Raw 1000, Raw 20th, Old School Raw (2013), Old School Raw (2014), Raw 1100, Raw Reunion 2015, Raw 23, Raw 1200, Raw 25, and Raw 1300, (Yes, I googled that list) - But no, Raw Reunion (2019) was just another miserable display of uninspired, uncreative, paint-by-number, lather, rinse, repeat meaningless booking that makes no use of the creative capital and credibility of the countless legends brought in to help the current roster or product heading into SummerSlam.

Ron Simmons walked in on a backstage promo and said DAMN?!?!  Really?  WHO THOUGHT OF THAT???  Ric Flair come out in his saggy diaper pants and acted like he is still a Playboy?  CLASSIC!  Hulk Hogan cut those same 3 promo lines he has been fucking up for the last 5 years?  I don't know, what should I do when Raw Reunion runs wild on me?  Did Raw Reunion just run wild on me?  What does that even mean?  Finish the night with a Beer Bash... GENIUS!!!  Those random 4 legends backing off Sami Zayn was PATHETIC and nonsensical.  The party in the back literally consisted of Jimmy Hart standing in a corner with his megaphone talking to a random Diva.  Also, promos where they are shot tight so you can't see who is being talked to or who just walked into the set until the big pan over to reveal, SO played out.  Even the G-D Bullet Club/DX/Clique crossover was already a rehash from Raw 25 just over a year ago!

Total letdown... same old shit.  Regret wasting 3 hours of my life on it.

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

They could bring Alicia Fox back to TV, and  set her up with a new gimmick as “The Legendary” Alicia Fox.

Why do you hate America so much?

1 hour ago, The Great ML said:

Rey's giving a speech to Zayn backstage talking about respecting those who paved the way...standing there is Jimmy Hart (holding one solitary potato chip for five minutes) along with Alicia Foxx and Jillian Hall.

Eat a dick.

Jimmy Hart alone, has done more for professional wrestling than Sami Zayn ever has. Change my mind.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

This was such a boring show. If Heyman is "directing this" then this is the same shit, different toilet.

If this show stays exactly the same in the next two months, then that’s when you know these hirings, and press release were never supposed to realistically be taken seriously.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

2 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Jimmy Hart alone, has done more for professional wrestling than Sami Zayn ever has. Change my mind.

100% agreed...could have probably phrased it better, but it was more spotlighting who his "legendary" cohorts were in the shot. Why not someone such as a Sgt. Slaughter there?

1 hour ago, Jimmy Trump said:

I was foolish enough to get my hopes up that this would be a Heyman era episode and different than say Raw X, Raw Homecoming, Raw Family Reunion (2006), Raw 15th, Raw 800, Raw 17,  Raw 900, Old School Raw (2010), WWE All Star Night, Raw 1000, Raw 20th, Old School Raw (2013), Old School Raw (2014), Raw 1100, Raw Reunion 2015, Raw 23, Raw 1200, Raw 25, and Raw 1300, (Yes, I googled that list)

Fool you 20 times, shame on YOU

• Haha 5

I didn't know Sid was ever actually advertised to appear, but he would've been one of my most looked forward to appearances. Loved Alicia Fox dancing on stage to Real American, I hope the legend returns regularly.

4 hours ago, AxB said:

So was RVD's recent Impact run just up until the last PPV with Moose, and now he's free and clear again? Or did they just put a current TNA wrestler on RAW like that's not a big deal? Maybe he could have brought Rhyno and Johnny Manynames with him.

He got permission from Impact to appear, he's signed at least thru BFG in October. Hope he sticks around longer, enjoying his run.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/07/wwe-raw-reunion-draws-best-viewership-in-11-months-656690/

They will probably keep coming up with more gimmicks. So far they gave us Wildcard, 24/7, shorter tv matches by lengths, and promo bombs etc. They dropped the dark lighting and I think the 2 out 3 falls thing.

There's other options but they seem to be last resorts only.

I don't blame Seth for looking awkward. That segment reminded me of some kid trying to hide his embarrassment when his dad and his old buddies get drunk at a cookout and try to re-live their college days but just look sad in the process.

• Like 6