DVDVR Message Board

The Raw Reunion - 7/22/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Alicia's unnecessary stiffness is fucking legendary.

Apparently so is her ability to down mai-tais.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Braun must’ve been watching the same Mike Enos matches as me. 

Anything that promotes a renaissance of watching Mike Enos singles career from the WCW B Show mid-card is a good thing.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

239f27af32ba0a4e-600x338.jpg

Wheeeee!

There are many imitators, but there is only one Lee mother fucking Scott.

Few men could sail through the air to their doom like that man could.  

Unloved is the role of the noble jobber.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, #BlueJustice said:

Seth, stop taking pictures at the retirement home, it's rude.

Thing is I'd prefer watching most of those guys today over watching or (God forbid) listening to Seth Rollins.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

What are you talking about?  He's a two-time Million Dollar Champion.  Obviously he gave himself the title, but he had to win it back to have two reigns.

And that belt was less of a joke than the 24/7 title is.

I remember Jesse the Body had a great line about how the MDM earned his money. Gorilla was questioning the legitimacy of the Million Dollar title and that DiBiase had everything handed to him in life. Jesse said something like, "c'mon Gorilla, he had to beat SOMEBODY to get all that money!" Jesse's incredulous tone when scoffing at Gorilla's accusation made the line.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

239f27af32ba0a4e-600x338.jpg

Wheeeee!

It's funny, watching back, even Braun seems impressed by the dude's ability to fly.  I wouldn't be surprised to see "Randy Rowe" in NXT getting destroyed by Babatunde or Keith Lee or whoever that giant dude Stoke is managing now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Ole' fifth wheel.

3 hours ago, OSJ said:

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things does not belong...

Wait, are we talking about Seth, or Road Dogg fronting like he was in the Kliq?

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Ole' fifth wheel.

If there ever would have been a night for an old school NWO beat down on the "heart of the company", last night would have been it. DX/NWO pass the torch to the OC. But yeah, we gotta keep Seth strong for Lesnar.

So before the show I joked that most of the legends would just be standing around in the back. Well at least the WWE splurged and got them a little room to schmooze in. Another missed thing was having The Street Profitts actually in the room with RVD, Ron Simmons, The Godfather, Mark Henry instead of Angelo being all "you missed this wild party and now I gotta get back to it" to Montez. 

I'm amused at the notion they brought in all these legends just for the 24/7 stuff and they didn't bother to find out ahead of time if they could even do anything physical. Didn't Jerry Brisco have a stroke last year? 

So was RVD's recent Impact run just up until the last PPV with Moose, and now he's free and clear again? Or did they just put a current TNA wrestler on RAW like that's not a big deal? Maybe he could have brought Rhyno and Johnny Manynames with him.

4 minutes ago, AxB said:

So was RVD's recent Impact run just up until the last PPV with Moose, and now he's free and clear again? Or did they just put a current TNA wrestler on RAW like that's not a big deal? Maybe he could have brought Rhyno and Johnny Manynames with him.

I wonder if RVD appeared as a thank you from TNA for WWE letting Rhyno show at Slammiversary before his WWE contract ended.

Edited by The Natural

4 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

I’m actually glad it wasn’t Ricochet. Nothing screams uncool like a 2019 endorsement from the Kliq. Rollins is already well established as decidedly uncool.

Ricochet needs an endorsement from motherfucking Blitzkrieg 

Yeah, nothing screams coolness like an endorsement from a Silicon Valley tech nerd that used to practice his MOVEZ on a trampoline. And I say that as someone who made a "Best of Bltzkreig" tape back in the day.

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Oh, and I know the reason he did it was because Foley isn't ever going to be cleared to take a bump again, but Bray should totally keep the mandible claw as a finisher going forward. It fits this new gimmick really well.

The Mandible Claw looks like a finishing move that a movie monster would use.

Although considering the family tree, a clawhold would fit Bray.

And how tiny would Ricochet have looked next to the DX/NWO old men?

• Like 1