DVDVR Message Board

The Raw Reunion - 7/22/2019

Dolfan in NYC

and the monkey's paw curls back a finger in response to "man, I wish The Million Dollar Man had won a singles belt in WWF/E"

30 years later and Madusa's career is still reduced to "Alundra Blayze throws a belt in the trash".  Vince is the pettiest motherfucker of all time (but we already knew that)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

IMG_20190722_213309.jpg

Has one picture ever captured the existence of Seth Rollins and his career more perfectly? 

This shit makes me so happy. Fuck Seth Rollins.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

They put this show on, bring in all these old guys from the Attitude Era, and go on and on about how cool it was back in the day. And all I can think of is how they never had nostalgia kick episodes like this during the Attitude Era. I'm not the kind of fan who wants everything about that era to come back. The crude humor, the misogyny, the racist shit, the stupid hardcore crap, that can all stay in the box.

But they desperately need that Attitude Era's sense of danger, that anything could happen. And they need to put THIS generation over, not old ones. Steve Austin never showed Hogan respect when he was the top guy. Roman Reigns shouldn't show Austin any respect now.

• Like 10

I watched most the show through my Twitter feed while I was at work, I got a kick out of the young ladies on my Black Wrestling Twitter feed lose their panties over a 60 year old Kevin Nash. Most of which were probably just born when NWO was hot. You gotta love Hunter folding his arms during Hulks promo too. I  know Street Profits are Heymans project  with the RVD line they are going to get over well once they start working matches on Raw. Austin is probably the only person who can end Raw with a talking segment and fans not complain, he seemed to speak off the cuff and I thought it was a good way to use him and get his new show over. This seemed like one of the best Raw Specials they've done. 

44 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

and the monkey's paw curls back a finger in response to "man, I wish The Million Dollar Man had won a singles belt in WWF/E"

What are you talking about?  He's a two-time Million Dollar Champion.  Obviously he gave himself the title, but he had to win it back to have two reigns.

And that belt was less of a joke than the 24/7 title is.

• Like 1

Besides Joe-Roman the highlight of the show for me was Hogan telling Jimmy Hart that he was gonna taste one of Lawler, Austin or Flair.  

Hate, hate, hated this show. None of the Legend segments put over any of the current wrestlers:

-Seeing OC (cue the piano) retreat from a bunch of old men was pure sadness 

-Angle making a match because that’s how things were done when he was GM -less than a year ago!- was bad but it was even worse seeing Sami retreat from an assortment of old guys. 

Awful 

• Like 3

That picture captures why Rollins often seems uncool. He could have interacted with the crowd or moved to the other side and wait for the DX Kliq reunion to be over. Instead, he stood there like a child in time-out, watching his classmates as they leave to attend a pep rally. 

And the less said about his "Brock Lesnar wants to be me!" promo, the better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Seems like Hogan's star has faded a bit.  Maybe it's because the returns aren't special anymore or maybe it's because he is known as the racist prick from the tapes. Austin got a huge pop and had an otherwise weak crowd eating out the palm of his hands. 

It also reminded me again that there are no Austin's or Rock's and most of the legends could be at 50% and still cut a better promo than any of the current roster. Bad look for the new gen. 

• Like 1

Not sure I would have went with the phrase “Hulk’s Rules” for Hogan’s T-shirt when you consider things said on tapes.

Another thing is that the people bringing kids to shows these days is a lot closer to people who were late 90s WWF fans as opposed to mid 80s WWF fans. And Austin probably kept some of his shine by not appearing too often.

The guy that was fed to Strowman tonight had a look that sorta made me think he would have had a job in an RF-era ROH.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Joe/Roman wound up being pretty fun, but they dropped the ball on a chance for it to A.) Be awesome and B.) Build to next week's show.

Keep the promo exactly the same, right up to Joe trying the cheap shot. Then just have it be an insane, all out brawl finally separated by officials... Except the officials can't keep them apart. Then the locker room empties to try and separate them... No dice. Finally a bunch of the legends still decently mobile run out, and Roman still gets a last shot in or something. During the next semester announce that next week, Roman and Samoa Joe go one on one.

Otherwise, this show was fairly fun for what it was, but it did nothing to help beyond this week.

• Like 1