DVDVR Message Board

The Raw Reunion - 7/22/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Starting this early since there's bound to be news of surprises and spoilers for tonight and it should all go in here until the show airs.  

On tap for tonight, it's the night of a million cameos.  All of these have been announced by WWE:

Spoiler

HHH, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, X-Pac, Road Dogg, “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase, Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Diesel, Razor Ramon, Alicia Fox, Alundra Blayze, Booker T, Eric Bischoff, Candice Michelle, Christian, D-Von Dudley, Eve Torres, Gerald Brisco, Sgt. Slaughter, The Godfather, Jillian Hall, “The Mouth of the South” Jimmy Hart, Jerry “The King” Lawler, Jonathan Coachman, Kaitlyn, Kelly Kelly, Lilian Garcia, Mark Henry, Melina, Pat Patterson, Rikishi, Ron Simmons, Santino Marella, The Boogeyman, and The Hurricane.

Allegedly despite them packing the hell out of this show, tickets for tonight's Raw are going poorly.  Guess we'll see if they do something panicky tonight as a response. 

54 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Allegedly despite them packing the hell out of this show, tickets for tonight's Raw are going poorly.  Guess we'll see if they do something panicky tonight as a response. 

This isn't shocking. Stuff like this just feels random and bad. They just need a 3 months of generally solid-good storytelling and focus on people the audience hasn't grown tired of. 

• Like 3

Maybe if they promoted this show a month out people would be enticed to want to go buy tickets for it. It's just such a hail mary from all involved. LOOK ALL THESE OLD PEOPLE YOU OLD FANS LIKED WILL BE ON IT.

We know damn well 99% of the people advertised tonight will be shown in passing in the back. Oh hey there's a bunch of the old diva's talking to Natalya. Patterson and Brisco are getting down with No Way Jose's conga line. I bet Corbin ends up taking a bunch of Stunners tonight from Austin though.

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I know it was USA's idea but serves them right for trying this shit.  I'll maybe follow along on Twitter but will be watching G1 instead.

• Like 2

This all just reeks of desperation. Here's an idea, maybe try booking for shit weeks in advance to build up to it. Take the two people who are the hottest on the show and say that in 3 or 4 weeks they're going to fight each other in (insert city here). And then tease another match for that show. Then every week keep raising the stakes for that showdown.

When that show arrives, put on the best fucking show you can because you'll want to keep whatever new viewers are watching. Finally, for the following week, put on as good of a show to keep those new viewers around.

Or just tease a bunch of old nostalgia bullshit for Raw that's not going to get anyone to stick around week to week. 

• Like 3

90% of the returning stars they've announced for this haven't been gone long enough for me to miss them. So many get carted out once or twice a year when it's time for A Very Special Episode.

I'm excited to see Sid, Melina, Santino, and Bischoff. But we know which acts are going to get the real screen time. 

• Like 1

I'm still confused about the whole Bischoff and Heyman thing.  It's almost as if that press release for the shareholders was a work.  Apart from one episode RAW is feeling exactly the same and then there was that report about Bischoff not actually being a part of creative.  They were upfront about Vince still overseeing both shows but you'd think there would have been at least some alterations. 

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm still confused about the whole Bischoff and Heyman thing.  It's almost as if that press release for the shareholders was a work.  Apart from one episode RAW is feeling exactly the same and then there was that report about Bischoff not actually being a part of creative.  They were upfront about Vince still overseeing both shows but you'd think there would have been at least some alterations. 

On the latest episode of his podcast, Bischoff said that his first week was mostly orientation and getting to know different department heads.

Somebody gotta gif that poor kid flying through the air. 

Also, can someone give Joe and Roman a bonus for having what seemed like the only long and serious match on the show, one where they beat the crap out of each other along with cutting a promo? Everyone else probably got a beer, $30 and a baloney sandwich because there was only so much to go around with all the cast and crew.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Also.. 

845da059b5bd4ba20ecd3b3aaba7482905c5f6e4

...and of course only one of them is an original Bullet Club member

They could at least add Balor instead of going back to the feud nobody wanted in the first place with Bray.

The nostalgia stuff was fine. Dug Usos vs. Revival. The 24/7 stuff was mostly fun. Skipped Seth/AJ after I saw DX come down. Rey/Sami was nice enough. Joe/Roman was decent. Really dug the Nattie/Becky segment. I skipped the ending with Austin and co. Didn't look like anything of note happened when I was fast forwarding through.