DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 8/2/19

Impact Wrestling - Airing August 2, 2019 from Windsor, Ontario, Canada

*Aiden Prince won an X Division Scramble Match, defeating Petey Williams, Chuck Mambo, Rohit Raju, Cody Deaner, & Zachary Wentz to become #1 contender to the X Division Championship

*Havok def. John E Bravo (w/ Taya Valkyrie) after a chokeslam in a squash. After the match, Su Yung appeared on the video screen

*Ace Austin def. Stone Rockwell after the Fold. After the match, Eddie Edwards ran out and beat up Ace. Then Moose came out and beat up Stone Rockwell. Moose cut a promo running down management and says he won't be responsible for what he does to these guys. Fallah Bahh interrupted so Moose challenged him to an impromptu match.

*Fallah Bahh def. Moose with the Banzai Drop in under a minute.

*Madman Fulton (w/ Sami Callihan) def. Tessa Blanchard via DQ when Tommy Dreamer ran out with a kendo stick to prevent Fulton using a chair. After the match, Tessa unloaded on Fulton with the kendo stick.

*The North (Ethan Page & Josh Alexander)(c) def. The Rascalz (Trey Miguel & Dezmond Xavier) to retain the tag team championships

Edited by DreamBroken

Fun X Division spotfest opener. I like Aiden Prince, felt he shined big in his previous appearance so I dig him getting more chances. Next few matches were all short but had good story/feud progression in each. Rhino cutting an oldschool ECW style promo ruled. Liked the backstage knockouts segment, Alexia Nicole seems like a good fit for the division if she was to become a regular. Awesome tag team main event that got a lot of time with both teams looking great. Loved Josh's double powerslam. the North have some killer double team moves.

Pursuit got Styles/Sting from BFG '09 as the Impact Plus match and seemed almost in full.

Unbreakable was also tonight and was a nice little house show/network special type show for the most part with the added bonus of the Sami/Tessa II main event which was pretty great and leads to the main event of BFG.

A little surprised that Sami went over Tessa again, with the way her push has been going I almost thought she'd win here, but Sami/Cage feels like a more fitting BFG main event so I'm glad for that, should make for an awesome match come BFG.

It seems like years ago when Jasmin got signed Alexia Nicole disappeared from the US Indies I was surprised that WWE didn't just sign both of them. Looking forward to seeing what looks like now in the ring in the near future. 

A one match show for me but I'm big into the North, and not just because they're hometown boys. Page is in great shape and him and Josh Alexander have solid chemistry as a team. They seem to work best with smaller opponents they can toss around so the Rascalz fit the bill. Ending was a little rough but I'm enjoying these guys as champs a lot.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed Tessa v Fulton.  Fulton used his strength advantage well and the match flowed well.

The Kendo stock bouncing into the ropes and straight into Tessa’s hand was perfectly timed!

Fallah Bah also looks great, he moves so quick for a bigger dude and even though he has lost a lot of weight he still uses his size well.

Edited by Ultimo Necro
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Caught some of this on Pluto Tv too

That X-Division opener was an entertaining spotfest, crowd was super hot for it. Cody Deaner looks to have added some mass on him in the last ten years.

why haven't they added Havok to OVE yet? I don't know who John E Bravo is but he is a great stooge for Taya and Impact. 

Su Yung continues to rock the fuck out of the supernatural gimmick. 

Stone Rockwell is a cool lower card comedy gimmick, Ace Austin with his sleight of hand gimmick is cool wish he was more Goldblum in Nashville though. They should film a vignette where he's shaving with a straight razor in a bus barn.

Crazy Eddie Edwards is the best Eddie Edwards.

Fallah beat Moose quicker than i thought he was but he was also in street clothes and caught off guard. Don't fuck with the Rockwell.

I really liked Tessa vs Fulton. Tessa is has been having like the best under the radar two years in wrestling. She played the underdog face really well in this. Never seen Fultoon before but he plays the crazy gimmick perfectly and of course Dreamer was gonna run in.

Thats all I watched.

• Like 1