DVDVR Message Board

Film score music of the day

Guest The Magnificent 7

Guest The Magnificent 7

I’ll try and post something good everyday.  I will try and be strict about it being an original written specifically for a film, but will probably also post some classical stuff like Wagner being used in Excalibur that are associated so heavily with the movie. Just no pop songs, etc.  Feel free to toss up something good, too.

Panoramic from The Book of Eli - Atticus Ross

Batman Main Theme and Descent into Mystery from Batman (1989) by Danny Elfman. Batman turned 30 this year and I was able to see it on the big screen for the first time. These were the bits I most looked forward to and it overdelivered.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Guest The Magnificent 7

Song for Bob from The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford - Nick Cave & Warren Ellis

Guest The Magnificent 7

End Credits from The Duellists - Howard Blake

Same theme edited nicely with footage from the movie...

Guest The Magnificent 7

Boyd’s Journey from Ravenous - Daman Albarn & Michael Nyman

Love this movie and it’s unique soundtrack     

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Why yes, I do own this on vinyl, why do you ask? 

I actually was thinking about posting something from that the other day. Just a perfectly epic score that improves the movie at every turn.

On 7/20/2019 at 5:58 AM, The Natural said:

My favourite music piece ever:

The Ecstacy of Gold from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) by Ennio Morricone.

I won't go THAT far, but it incorporates haunting, bathethetic, and triumphant in one piece of music which is quite an accomplishment. 

• Like 1

Ya know, the real test is listening to any of these or other pieces WITHOUT the film showing in the background. For that I'm going to give massive love to Conan the Destroyer as the soundtrack is by itself far, far better than the film that was okay brain candy that made Robert E. Howard do jumping jacks in his grave, but was okay for what it was.

On 7/24/2019 at 3:17 PM, The Magnificent 7 said:

Boyd’s Journey from Ravenous - Daman Albarn & Michael Nyman

Love this movie and it’s unique soundtrack     

I've been wanting to see this movie since it came out and for some reason never have. Moved to top of bucket list. 

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:37 PM, Curt McGirt said:

As said in the other thread, I watched all of this last night on TV and I wish the soundtrack was on vinyl. It gives me a reason not to hate Moby fer chrissakes.

Aw.  How can you post Moby sountrack cuts and forget

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Aw.  How can you post Moby sountrack cuts and forget

Thank you for this. Allow me to post Extreme Ways by Moby from the best Jason Bourne movie, The Bourne Ultimatum (2007):

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, OSJ said:

I've been wanting to see this movie since it came out and for some reason never have. Moved to top of bucket list. 

It is really good. I ignored it but a close friend of mine badgered me into watching; he was right. It's just about to be kicked off of Shudder so I should watch it again.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Don’t know if I can post tomorrow so here’s Saturday’s in advance.

Think from Superfly - Curtis Mayfield