DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXXII - 8/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Regarding streaming issues, I watched a little bit of the show on my web browser when I was playing Dota on my other monitor, but the stream would freeze and the screen would go black. I'd have to completely close out of my browser and try again because refreshing the page didn't help.

The other annoying thing I discovered on the web browser experience and when I went to go and watch the show on my Roku TV was that...they removed the "resume where you left off" feature. What. The. Fuck? So you can only watch live or watch from the beginning. So each time I went to go watch it somewhere else I'd have to select watch from beginning and fast forward to where I left off.

This is not the biggest deal in the world, but it's still annoying considering that feature was there on the old platform and it's part of literally every other streaming service.

WyattFunhouse-1200x675.jpg

Fiend2.jpg

Enjoying this revamp of Bray Wyatt. Presenter of a kid's like show in the Firefly Funhouse and then there's the Fiend persona. THAT entrance and exit last night was fucking perfectly done. I think I read somewhere that Bray himself has come up with these things. Hell of a job to date.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Also kinda surprised no 24/7 title change or Uso's.  Weird vibe for an event as big as SummerSlam but it could have been much worse. Interested to see what we get tonight and tomorrow.

Jimmy wasn't allowed into the country, so they pulled the team from all the shows and a signing they had scheduled

• Like 1

I ended up skipping through to see the results and it sounds like there might be some stuff worth checking out.  I did end up watching Bray's match and main event live and I love everything about the Fiend's debut.  The song remix sounds pretty cool so will need to give that another listen.  And I was pleasantly surprised that the main didn't suck.  Good win for Seth though count me in the "Anybody but him or Brock" camp.

My other problem with Seth is where do they go now? Brock is (presumably) fucking off for a while, Baron Corbin is deader than dead in the water. Is Lashley the next challenger? Heel Strowman? The right answer is probably McIntyre but he's colder than leftover oatmeal right now. Ricochet would be interesting, but there's no way Seth appears sympathetic in that pairing. I won't go so far as to say that Vince and Hunter have definitely done this, but it appears that they have gone out of their way to make Seth the only over character on Raw, and now that he's "slayed the beast" there's nowhere for him to go. Fiend Wyatt isn't ready. He should pummel guys who beat Bray for months. Get all his wins back. The Fiend has taken over and now he's much more ruthless. Feeding him to Seth right away does nothing for either guy. This is one of my biggest problems with Seth. He's completely unsympathetic as a babyface, and they appear to have put him in that Cena/Reigns "never gonna turn" zone. 

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

WyattFunhouse-1200x675.jpg

Fiend2.jpg

Enjoying this revamp of Bray Wyatt. Presenter of a kid's like show in the Firefly Funhouse and then there's the Fiend persona. THAT entrance and exit last night was fucking perfectly done. I think I read somewhere that Bray himself has come up with these things. Hell of a job to date.

The look he gives when he debuted the Fiend in the vignettes - the dead eyed stare - gives the impression of a pretty good actor underneath Bray the character.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, just drew said:

My other problem with Seth is where do they go now? Brock is (presumably) fucking off for a while, Baron Corbin is deader than dead in the water. Is Lashley the next challenger? Heel Strowman? The right answer is probably McIntyre but he's colder than leftover oatmeal right now. Ricochet would be interesting, but there's no way Seth appears sympathetic in that pairing. I won't go so far as to say that Vince and Hunter have definitely done this, but it appears that they have gone out of their way to make Seth the only over character on Raw, and now that he's "slayed the beast" there's nowhere for him to go. Fiend Wyatt isn't ready. He should pummel guys who beat Bray for months. Get all his wins back. The Fiend has taken over and now he's much more ruthless. Feeding him to Seth right away does nothing for either guy. This is one of my biggest problems with Seth. He's completely unsympathetic as a babyface, and they appear to have put him in that Cena/Reigns "never gonna turn" zone. 

Plus, I didn't get the impression that anyone wants to boo Fiend Wyatt now.  He was getting cheers against Finn Balor, of all people.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nate said:

Plus, I didn't get the impression that anyone wants to boo Fiend Wyatt now.  He was getting cheers against Finn Balor, of all people.

After that song/entrance, he'll be the most over babyface in the company inside of a month.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Regarding streaming issues, I watched a little bit of the show on my web browser when I was playing Dota on my other monitor, but the stream would freeze and the screen would go black. I'd have to completely close out of my browser and try again because refreshing the page didn't help.

The other annoying thing I discovered on the web browser experience and when I went to go and watch the show on my Roku TV was that...they removed the "resume where you left off" feature. What. The. Fuck? So you can only watch live or watch from the beginning. So each time I went to go watch it somewhere else I'd have to select watch from beginning and fast forward to where I left off.

This is not the biggest deal in the world, but it's still annoying considering that feature was there on the old platform and it's part of literally every other streaming service.

I don't understand why Netflix is flawless damn near 100% of the time but the WWE Network is such shit. Is it just because Netflix has way more money into it or is it a design flaw with WWE?   Sure,  the new network setup looks like Netflix but it sure as hell doesn't perform like it.  

It's all very second rate.  WWE is supposed to be a billion dollar company there's no reason why they can't have this thing running smoothly. 

I thought the Shane match was the best possible version of that match. It wasn't a stupid stunt show. It wasn't Shane equal mat-wrestling a guy like Styles. It was Shane as chickenshit heel with a couple of fun narrative plot beats and a satisfying babyface-overcomes-the-odds finish. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I thought the Shane match was the best possible version of that match. It wasn't a stupid stunt show. It wasn't Shane equal mat-wrestling a guy like Styles. It was Shane as chickenshit heel with a couple of fun narrative plot beats and a satisfying babyface-overcomes-the-odds finish. 

And it was under 10 minutes! I enjoyed it for what it was. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't understand why Netflix is flawless damn near 100% of the time but the WWE Network is such shit. Is it just because Netflix has way more money into it or is it a design flaw with WWE?   Sure,  the new network setup looks like Netflix but it sure as hell doesn't perform like it.  

It's all very second rate.  WWE is supposed to be a billion dollar company there's no reason why they can't have this thing running smoothly. 

My guess here is that Netflix is all in the can and WWE is live, that has to make it harder. Of course, I stream sports on ESPN/FSN all the time and never really have a problem. It really is inexcusable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joseph2112 said:

My guess here is that Netflix is all in the can and WWE is live, that has to make it harder. Of course, I stream sports on ESPN/FSN all the time and never really have a problem. It really is inexcusable.

Sound argument but here's my counter to that.   I did a free trial with HULU +LIVE TV recently and all of the channels streamed flawlessly. I watched a lot of sports on there too.  

I think WWE is just a shit company. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Just a reminder - WWE isn't running the Network themselves. It is the new provider that they just switched too a few months ago.

Now it is on the WWE for forcing said company to rush out the new update probably before it was ready to juice the Network numbers before the 2nd Quarter investment call.

52 minutes ago, just drew said:

Is Lashley the next challenger? 

Lashley is injured. He just had surgery (I wanna say on his elbow) so he is out at least a couple of months.

So in this regards - no he isn''t the next challenger.

Obviously it is going to be someone from the pool of folks who are "Heyman guys". I am just not sure who is in that group at the moment

This Rollins thing was relatively straightforward booking for them, but in no way, shape, or form would it have been better than Brock using the cash-in to demand a title match at Summerslam and Rollins surviving the title challenge. I think they did him a disservice with this relative to the most straightforward approach possible. Brock didn't get any "heat back" by cashing in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Just a reminder - WWE isn't running the Network themselves. It is the new provider that they just switched too a few months ago.

Now it is on the WWE for forcing said company to rush out the new update probably before it was ready to juice the Network numbers before the 2nd Quarter investment call.

Reminds me of Silicon Valley, and the episode where Hooli introduces a new streaming program that turns out to be shit.

It’s hilarious that NJWorld is currently the better streaming service of the major companies.