DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXXII - 8/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

21 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

I'd blame that more on the booking of Lacey's match going first and Charlotte's going at a rushed pace, attempting to play off the 'taking advantage of becky just having a match' story. Consistent is exactly how I'd describe Charlotte. While she hasn't been given much to do this year, she kills it every time she has the chance whether it's 10 minute TV matches or big PPV matches. Comparatively, I can't recall the last Becky match I liked that didn't involve Charlotte while Charlotte has matches I've loved with half the roster on both shows for the past several years.

I personally really liked Becky vs Asuka, although the ending was done really badly imo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Any word on what the kick-off show matches will be?

Saw a rumor that 3 matches would get moved to the kickoff show including Gulak vs. Lorcan which we all expected. My guess for the other two would be Bayley vs. Moon and Drew vs. Cedric which gets added to the card. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Is Crews v Murphy the most random match we have seen in a while?

Where did that come from?

I assume it is the set up to Roman Reigns getting on the show.  I mean I would love seeing the match but the idea that this random match would be on and not one men's tag title match is kind of embarrassing

Or a setup for a Rowan run-in.  Love the crowd yelling Snitches get Stitches 

Edited by hammerva

Lorcan and Gulak was solid though I think they have a better match in them. Maybe they get a rematch with much more time at 205 Live on Thursday

The women's tag match was fine. It's good to see they at least made it to the show. Asuka/Kairi would have been better opponents but I'd rather they get a lengthy match on Smackdown than tucked into the preshow.

Becky/Nattie was watchable though nothing terribly memorable. Canadian or not, Nattie isn't over.

Ziggler/Goldberg was what everyone expected and what it needed to be, but still had no place being on the show. 

It's hard to imagine Ricochet and Styles having a bad match and this was a quality outing. The lack of fuckery was a nice surprise. 

I thought Bayley and Ember had the best match of all the women on the show, though Ember should have won. Where do they go from here, call up someone from NXT?

Shane/Owens was another match that had no business taking place but at least they didn't do something as colossally stupid as having Shane win and Owens having to weasel his way back in.

I wasn't expecting much from Charlotte/Trish and it ended up being better than anticipated but twice as long as necessary.

Randy Orton isn't someone I will ever have interest in, but he and Kofi actually have complimentary styles and this was shaping up to be a passable match. The fuck finish was utterly stupid and I guess they want to drag this out further. 

Juggalo Bray squashing Finn was a surprise. I guess they need to build up to The Demon coming back again.

There have been very few Brock matches in the past few years I've thought were actually decent. This was one of them.

Only one title change all weekend was surprising. Maybe this means there will be some more on Monday and Tuesday.

Say what you will about Rollins, but that boy was over tonight. I honestly enjoyed that main event more than anything from last night. These Lesnar chaotic main events are fun.

Seth get's 2 clean as a sheet Coronations over Brock in 4 months, but Roman was the one pushed down our throats.

Bayley/Moon was friggin awful.  Rest of the show was ok.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ended up watching the show on my tablet.  PS4 is all fucked up since the update.  Anyone have any reason why this could be or what could be done to fix it?  

Anyway,  I wouldn't say this was a bad show..  it was solid but a couple questionable booking decisions like the Kofi/Orton DQ finish.  I don't think they should have done that on this PPV. 

The Fiend was great.  He's got some new offense and a new style.  I loved the lantern inside the human head on the apron.  He didn't take much offense,  a cool remix to his old theme too.  

I thought Brock was fantastic.  He and Seth had a good match.  Brock is still an elite tier talent when he wants to be.  Seth didn't sell the ribs at all but if you can look past that the match itself was solid and he got a definitive win. 

No Roman follow up was a surprise.

And I'll say this.  Trish is very good.  Lately I've seen a lot of talk about her maybe being overrated for her time but she was great tonight.  She does a better figure 8 submission than Charlotte does.  Charlotte was great too.  I loved that match.  

GOOD MATCHES. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Say what you will about Rollins, but that boy was over tonight.

Anti-Rollins Fanclub will twist the facts and move the goal posts to avoid acknowledging this. Guaranteed.

• Thanks 1