DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXXII - 8/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I'm actually gonna have to watch a pre-show for the first time years to see Gulak/Lorcan.

I always thought Brock and Seth had a good singles match in them after their triple threat with Cena at the Rumble a few years ago, but that was before Brock discovered he could make more money by selling suplex city shirts than by having good matches.

Per Meltzer on the radio show this morning - his WWE sources are adamant that Reigns/Bryan will not take place on this show (and Daniel Bryan's career changing announcement has been scrapped too)

It is possible they will do the reveal of the attacker (still most likely Bryan) on the show

Take that for whatever it is worth

Also, per Dave, Zayn/Black got moved to Smackdown because after Vince re-wrote Smackdown from scratch, he was left with an hour to fill.  ??‍♂️

(Also, as someone astutely pointed out, it'd probably be a bad look for Aleister to get booed out of the building for a glorified squash of Sami.)

I'm actually looking forward to most of this card, especially the women's matches if they get decent time.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer on the radio show this morning - his WWE sources are adamant that Reigns/Bryan will not take place on this show (and Daniel Bryan's career changing announcement has been scrapped too)

It is possible they will do the reveal of the attacker (still most likely Bryan) on the show

Take that for whatever it is worth

I thought these were going to be connected. Figured the idea would be that Bryan was pissed that his career changing announcement was considered joke or minor compared to Reigns announce his Summerslam opponent.

• Like 2

Am I the only one who thinks Nattie might actually win this Sunday. I wish they gave this a couple more weeks of build, but I'm looking forward to her and Becky. Yes, I know Becky is on the cover of the next WWE 2K game, but it's not past them to have her lose and win the title back in a couple of weeks anyway. I mean all of Charlotte's title wins and losses were essentially that.

I feel sorry for Bayley/Ember. That should be a good match. But for whatever reason, Charlotte/Trish is getting all the attention it should be having.

2 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I feel sorry for Bayley/Ember. That should be a good match. But for whatever reason, Charlotte/Trish is getting all the attention it should be having.

How has Charlotte/Trish gotten more attention? Why should Bayley/Ember get more attention? Charlotte/Trish is the bigger match by a good margin, and Ember is the least interesting woman in any of the 3 matches goign into to Summerslam. 

Edited by Eivion

Pat McAfee's Watch Along during SummerSlam will feature Adam Cole, Johnny Gargano, Shayna Baszler... and Matt Riddle.

Riddle doing commentary during Goldberg/Ziggler will be interesting if he doesn't get yanked out of the room before that match happens.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Casey said:

Pat McAfee's Watch Along during SummerSlam will feature Adam Cole, Johnny Gargano, Shayna Baszler... and Matt Riddle.

Riddle doing commentary during Goldberg/Ziggler will be interesting if he doesn't get yanked out of the room before that match happens.

FavoriteIndolentAurochs-max-1mb.gif

Flip flops flying.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Infinit said:

We could probably construct a pretty good card with all the talent not on Summerslam.

Roman Reigns, Daniel Bryan, Shinsuke Nakamura, Sami Zayn, Andrade, Cesaro, all the tag team divisions, Aleister Black, Cedric Alexander, Drew McIntyre, Braun Strowman, Robert Roode and Ali. Such a big roster on WWE's books.

Edited by The Natural

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Roman Reigns, Daniel Bryan, Shinsuke Nakamura, Sami Zayn, Andrade, Cesaro, all the tag team divisions, Aleister Black, Cedric Alexander, Drew McIntyre, Braun Strowman, Robert Roode and Ali. Such a big roster on WWE's books.

PRESHOW:
A Moment of Bliss feat guest Nikki Cross. The IIconics talk some trash and pie face Alexa to set up something for Raw.

Jack Gallagher v Chad Gable - Just give these guys 20 mins.

Roman Reigns v Rowan - Unsanctioned. This was meant to be The OC defending against the Usos (Watch that live on Raw tomorrow!) but Reigns seeks revenge for the attacks. Finish with a huge Strowman/Lashley type spot. Rowan is injured and taken out of the Tag Title match later tonight. Reigns still set to compete.

MAIN CARD:

The Revival v Alexander/Ali - Shane sent the goons after Cedric during the preshow. Alexander finds a hero backstage to make this match official.

Braun Strowman v Andrade - Braun has shown he is the strongest. But he's not the smartest...

Roode v MacIntyre - Roode's career hasn't been the same since he lost the NXT Title to Drew Mac. Now he wants to jump start it again with a win.

Kabuki Warriors v Fire n Desire - #1 Contenders to Women's Tag Titles.

Cesaro v Black in a TKO match. Uppercut vs F2B. Only win by ref stoppage.

Nakamura (c) v Reigns - IC Title - Buddy Murphy interferes to cost Reigns and spark that feud. Ali makes the save.

New Day (c) v Bryan/Zayn* - Tag Titles - Bryan finds a new partner who hates the fickle fans as much as he does. Bryan and Zayn take it down to establish a 3 man group of Bryan, Rowan and Zayn. Get Zayn away from face Owens and cement his heel status.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I love this guy's Twitter so much. Always angry, always screaming, always wanting to fight. This magnificent bastard and his super long finger even made a list of the top five asses he wants to kick. I can't wait for him and Gulak.(even if it's only 5 minutes on the kick off show)

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 4:08 PM, odessasteps said:

Gentlemen_Prefer_Blondes_(1953)_film_pos

I laughed at this but it is becoming tiresome as a talking point. Charlotte is a fantastic wrestler and every match of her’s feels like time well spent. Wish I could say that about any other woman on the main roster that isn’t from Japan.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Execproducer said:

I laughed at this but it is becoming tiresome as a talking point. Charlotte is a fantastic wrestler and every match of her’s feels like time well spent. Wish I could say that about any other woman on the main roster that isn’t from Japan.

Why don't you love good matches?

8 hours ago, Execproducer said:

Charlotte is fantastic, but I don't personally feel she's a more consistent in-ring performer than Becky. At the PPV after 'Mania I recall liking the Becky-Lacey match better than Becky-Charlotte, for example. (Though I was pretty surprised by that.)

Remember when people were complaining how Roman Reigns was being shoved down our throats.  Now he isn't even on the 2nd biggest PPV of the year and he isn't injured.  Would Roman be the first person to be a Summerslam or Wrestlemania poster that didn't actually appear on the show?  Maybe they will put Reigns in a 2 or 3 minutes squash against Buddy Murphy

I figure Kevin is beating Shane but if he doesn't I hope he comes back as El Generico 

Edited by hammerva

2 hours ago, tbarrie said:

Charlotte is fantastic, but I don't personally feel she's a more consistent in-ring performer than Becky. At the PPV after 'Mania I recall liking the Becky-Lacey match better than Becky-Charlotte, for example. (Though I was pretty surprised by that.)

I'd blame that more on the booking of Lacey's match going first and Charlotte's going at a rushed pace, attempting to play off the 'taking advantage of becky just having a match' story. Consistent is exactly how I'd describe Charlotte. While she hasn't been given much to do this year, she kills it every time she has the chance whether it's 10 minute TV matches or big PPV matches. Comparatively, I can't recall the last Becky match I liked that didn't involve Charlotte while Charlotte has matches I've loved with half the roster on both shows for the past several years.

• Like 1