DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXXII - 8/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

It would be a very fun corner to book themselves out of if Shane turned it into a 3-Way and *both* Owens' & Reigns' career are on the line.  We'll see.  

Maybe Shane & Drew vs Owens & Reigns with the latter having to figure out how to work together in order to save their jobs?

2 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Maybe Shane & Drew vs Owens & Reigns with the latter having to figure out how to work together in order to save their jobs?

That writes itself.

Shane adds Drew to the match to make it a handicap match. Reigns then imposes himself on things in the lead up so it becomes a tag. Only Owens' career is on the line though.

Reigns turns on Owens during the match. Owens has to become the Masked Canadian in a total Midnight Rider angle. Reigns is heel. 

Wait, why are you all putting me on ignore?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Matt D said:

That writes itself.

Shane adds Drew to the match to make it a handicap match. Reigns then imposes himself on things in the lead up so it becomes a tag. Only Owens' career is on the line though.

Reigns turns on Owens during the match. Owens has to become the Masked Canadian in a total Midnight Rider angle. Reigns is heel. 

Wait, why are you all putting me on ignore?

You know what...the most WWE move they could do right now would be to turn Roman heel when he finally has the majority of the live crowds cheering for him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Matt D said:

What is there to even do with Reigns? They should just make him the ref for Brock vs Rollins. 

I wonder if they're holding off until they see what his schedule will be for promoting Hobbs & Shaw. I wouldn't think it'd keep him from being at SummerSlam, but who knows.

Confirmed matches I'm into:

The Fiend Bray Wyatt vs. Finn Balor only to see how Wyatt wrestles for the first time since Firefly Funhouse started. 

Bayley vs. Ember Moon. 

Charlotte Flair vs. Trish Stratus. 

That's it, unfortunately. SummerSlam is either the second or third biggest WWE PPV of the year, depending on whether you have the Royal Rumble ahead of it. I tend to.

Edited by The Natural

HA!

So Dolph Ziggler isn't wrestling the Miz at Summerslam. Instead he is wrestling

Spoiler

Bill Goldberg

Meltzer has a fun story on the radio show this morning about how he confirmed it

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

HA!

So Dolph Ziggler isn't wrestling the Miz at Summerslam. Instead he is wrestling

Reveal hidden contents

Bill Goldberg

Meltzer has a fun story on the radio show this morning about how he confirmed it

So that's explains the Dolph Ziggler disses and Goldberg wanting to get rid of the Fuck Saudi Arabia match with Undertaker.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also Meltzer confirmed that Roman Reigns attacker is

Reveal hidden contents

indeed Daniel Bryan

Very quick build to it but it's a match I'm interested in at SummerSlam unlike most of the lineup and what I said about the Fastlane 2015 match.

I love how WWE does it's level best to revise history as it sees fit.  

When they first fell out with Brock after he went off to pursue a MMA career, they put the belt on Orton so that Randy would have the distinction of being the youngest man to hold the WWE World Title.

And now they thumb their nose at Punk by having Shane-O-Mac take the Best In The World moniker.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

When they first fell out with Brock after he went off to pursue a MMA career, they put the belt on Orton so that Randy would have the distinction of being the youngest man to hold the WWE World Title.

And now they thumb their nose at Punk by having Shane-O-Mac take the Best In The World moniker.

WWE and spite with revisionist history.

• Like 1

Here are all the matches "on the books" but not officially announced yet (note: I clearly could be forgetting one or two)

Spoiler

Dolph Ziggler vs. Bill Goldberg

Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan

Aleister Black vs. Sami Zayn

IIconics vs. Kabuki Warriors vs. Deville/Rose vs. Cross/Bliss - Women's Tag Titles

Drew Gulak vs. Oney Lorcan - Cruiserweight Title

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:10 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

FOR THE WWE WOMEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Iiconics (c) vs. The Kabuki Warriors vs. Mandy Rose/Sonya Deville

I know who I am rooting for in that match.

tenor.gif?itemid=8085526

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Shane should defend that thing like it was the Million Dollar Belt.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Here are all the matches "on the books" but not officially announced yet (note: I clearly could be forgetting one or two)

Does Nakamura have a match announced, and if not are we no longer expecting one. I was looking forward to Nak vs Ali.

17 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Does Nakamura have a match announced, and if not are we no longer expecting one. I was looking forward to Nak vs Ali.

Nakamuara vs. Ali is the plan. I thought it was already announced that is why I didn't include it

Drew McInytre vs. Cedric Alexander is the one I missed

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Nakamuara vs. Ali is the plan. I thought it was already announced that is why I didn't include it

It might have already been announced. I couldn't find mention of it on WWE's website, but that site is a mess.

1 hour ago, HumanChessgame said:

Didn't they announce this on Smackdown? It could be a great match if it gets more than 5 minutes.

I mean, that's how long it will take for Aleister to make it to the ring.    But if it's anything other than the bell ringing while Sami's screaming at the ref for some perceived injustice and stupidly walking into a Black Mass, I'll be fucking astonished.