DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Too Many Descriptors - 7/15/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, J.T. said:

It wasn't totally clean yeah because Lie Cheat Steal was still in effect, but Brock did not really dominate Eddy in that match the way he manhandles dudes in the present.

Oh, I agree with that. With some exceptions, I like Brock's matches more back then, but he does have a good one every now and then in this current run. It's just weird to see him have the somewhat competitive match against AJ or Finn and go over them, but with Seth it's nutshot nutshot stomp and then lose. Seems to make more sense to have the same type of match he had with AJ or Finn or even Joe, but wind up losing in the end.

They are doing to do the Street Profits what they do with almost every other "gimmicked" thing in NXT.   They overplay it so much that it is exposed as really not that great to begin with.   They have been on WWE 3 times in the last week.  They would be lucky to be on NXT 3 times in a month before they became champions.  Also I wonder how much of their material on NXT was more free flow then now

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

They are doing to do the Street Profits what they do with almost every other "gimmicked" thing in NXT.   They overplay it so much that it is exposed as really not that great to begin with.   They have been on WWE 3 times in the last week.  They would be lucky to be on NXT 3 times in a month before they became champions.  Also I wonder how much of their material on NXT was more free flow then now

Yeah. I think what makes me the saddest is seeing what they've done with the Street Profits. It's the same thing with Corey and with plenty of others where they get brought up and then you're force fed this garbage that you then have to spew out. There's a gigantic gulf between the Street Profits characters in NXT and whatever the fuck they're doing on Raw.

Basically, on NXT, these guys were pretty fucking cool. On Raw, they are the furthest thing from "cool," which is the biggest problem with Raw in a nutshell. It's not a cool show to watch and 95% of the time it's embarrassing. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

It's amazing how many WWE people comment on how great Randy is. I was listening to JR yesterday and he was bemoaning that Orton might be underutilized right now int he WWE.

The Orton ship sailed a long time ago, 'tis true. Whether it was shitty booking, Orton becoming disinterested due to shitty booking (chicken/egg) we were left with a Barry Windham/ rich girlfriend scenario, with the variation that instead of staying out of the ring and hitting all the nightspots in Hotlanta, Randy continued to show up for work and act as though he were bored to tears (and let's face it, he probably was). Probably the top two guys that WWE missed the boat on: Orton and Dustin Rhodes (and one of those was deliberate vindictiveness on the part of the crazy old man.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Also I wonder how much of their material on NXT was more free flow then now

I would bet that 90% of what the Street Profits did in NXT is their own ideas.  Down there they were cool because they spoke freely and danced around to their theme music and got everyone excited for their matches and then they actually delivered in-ring as well,  they are a good team.   

On RAW it would appear they are (no shock..) heavily scripted and they aren't doing what they do best and that is entertain in front of the live audience. 

By the way,  is Heyman booking now or what?   The show is exactly the same. There was one week where it felt different. Last two weeks have been brutal. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'll say it: I'm happy Seth Rollins won and he should win the title back from Brock in a competitive match at Summerslam. No more nutshot bullshit. He needs to beat Brock clean as a sheet.

Rollins is/was a good champion. It's not his fault that in both of his title runs the creative was absolute dogshit. First time around he gets saddled with HHH and Steph who made him look like shit each week and then this second time around he was stuck with an endless Baron Corbin feud. 

No. No he isn’t a good champion. Because he can’t promo and isn’t at all engaging. He’s been protected as well as anyone in the company. If it isn’t working now it isn’t ever going to. Some guys aren’t meant to be top guys. He’s one of them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

By the way,  is Heyman booking now or what?   The show is exactly the same. There was one week where it felt different. Last two weeks have been brutal. 

This is why I'm here and reading about this Raw - a show/brand/product I haven't watched in over a decade. The potential of Heyman booking got me interested, but sounds to me like the creative director position is in name only.  Ah, whatever, I didn't care about WWE before, so no spilt milk. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HarryArchieGus said:

This is why I'm here and reading about this Raw - a show/brand/product I haven't watched in over a decade. The potential of Heyman booking got me interested, but sounds to me like the creative director position is in name only.  Ah, whatever, I didn't care about WWE before, so no spilt milk. 

Nah,  it's the same tired shit as always.  I can't tell you Heyman is the creative mind behind the past two weeks or not.  All I can say is that the episode two weeks ago felt fresh and the past two weeks has been very similar to what has been presented all along.  It's been garbage. 

• Like 3

I think it would be absolutely ridiculous for Rollins to not have a SS rematch, but that's just me. I figure Brock holds on til Mania.

Wondering if JuggaBray is going to go over on the Demon.

Still enjoy the 24/7 stuff.

As I remember it, they did everything they could to make Orton The Guy - that was the entire set-up of Evolution - but he was eventually outshone by Cena and flatlined into mediocrity. Which was always fine by me.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Fuck Randy Orton.  I want to see Orton vs. Lesnar as a PPV main event title match about as much as I want to be diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer.

It's not that I like Orton. It's that I like Orton more than Rollins.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's not that I like Orton. It's that I like Orton more than Rollins.

This sounds like the WWE version of the Left Twix / RIght Twix argument.

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, just drew said:

No. No he isn’t a good champion. Because he can’t promo and isn’t at all engaging. He’s been protected as well as anyone in the company. If it isn’t working now it isn’t ever going to. Some guys aren’t meant to be top guys. He’s one of them.

Sure, okay. Next you're going to say something crazy, like Cedric Alexander has "charisma".

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

Sure, okay. Next you're going to say something crazy, like Cedric Alexander has "charisma".

Link me to a Seth Rollins promo that sets him apart as anyone to care about....

1 minute ago, just drew said:

Link me to a Seth Rollins promo that sets him apart as anyone to care about....

We can probably find a babyface promo that makes you feel extra disdain for him? Disdain is a form of caring, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

This sounds like the WWE version of the Left Twix / RIght Twix argument.

You know, the fact that on a retro Raw we won't get that commercial that's all--

Like your Nicky, and I'm Dolph Ziggler!

Like your Husky Harris and I'm Bray Wyatt!

or your Fergal Devitt and I'm Finn Balor! (well maybe not that one).

C'mon Twix, be better.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Matt D said:

We can probably find a babyface promo that makes you feel extra disdain for him? Disdain is a form of caring, right?

I stand corrected. Respect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Matt D said:

This is actually my problem with babyface Rollins. He still comes across as a weasel. I always think he's up to something. The first time they mentioned he was dating Becky, part of me thought " Oh, of course he is. He hooked himself to the side of the most popular worker in the company."  Part of me thought he was going to turn on her after Extreme Rules.

• Like 3