DVDVR Message Board

NXT Takeover Toronto II - 8/10/2019

Dolfan in NYC

TWO OUT OF THREE FALLS MATCH, (CATCH AS CATCH CAN/STREET FIGHT/3RD FALL TBD if necessary), FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP - Adam Cole (c) vs. Johnny Gargano

TRIPLE THREAT FOR THE NXT NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP - Velveteen Dream (c) vs. Roderick Strong vs. Pete Dunne

FOR THE NXT WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Mia Yim

FOR THE NXT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Street Profits (c) vs. Undisputed Era

FINALS OF THE NXT BREAKOUT TOURNAMENT, WINNER GETS A TITLE SHOT OF THEIR CHOICE - Cameron Grimes (fka Trevor Lee) vs. Jordan Myles (fka ACH)

Candice LeRae vs. DARK~ Io Shirai

Spoilered until everything airs.   No gimmicks announced yet. 

Spoiler

Would have preferred Dream to 1 on 1 with either guy to a triple threat, but the match should be good.

Shayna/Yim should be good, I just hope its the end of Shayna's run. I don't love Yim's character, but she has been delivering match wise and would hopefully have her reign end abruptly to heel Io anyways.

The Breakout Final not having Garza Jr. just feels dumb. Garza/Myles would have been my preferred final.

Thinking this is the show were we get UE holding all the gold.

Strong to pin Dream (called up post SummerSlam) and feud with Dunne.

Bazsler to retain. Will eventually drop the belt to Dakota Kai in the longest built rematch ever.

Riddle to KO Dain and begin building to face Cole and Takeover WrestleMania

Flip a coin for the Breakout winner but I'll go with Myles

Edited by L_W_P

• 2 weeks later...

Getting for the show by doing my binge watching of NXT and started with Takeover.  Fuck I am not looking forward to this 2/3 falls title match.  I mean I am sure that the crowd will love it but I hit the pause button on Gargano/Cole after maybe the 25th super kick and head drop and saw I still had 15 minutes on it.    these matches are booked for a Bullet Club fan base and it can be exhausting.

Hope Myles and Grimes gets a decent amount of time as it should be really good 

7 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Getting for the show by doing my binge watching of NXT and started with Takeover.  Fuck I am not looking forward to this 2/3 falls title match.  I mean I am sure that the crowd will love it but I hit the pause button on Gargano/Cole after maybe the 25th super kick and head drop and saw I still had 15 minutes on it.    these matches are booked for a Bullet Club fan base and it can be exhausting.

Hope Myles and Grimes gets a decent amount of time as it should be really good 

Yeah, the main event is kind of the opposite of a draw for me since it has every possibility of being exhausting. I’m hoping the live crowd energy will carry me through.

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

You Should See Me in a Crown by Billie Eilish was a good choice, and one of those rare moments when WWE was actually in tune with the music zeitgeist going on at the time. 

I'm convinced HHH lost a bet to a gay intern because no one else in Titan Towers probably knows who Billie Eilish is.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't think anyone is choosing these themes based on how much they enjoy them. I am a little curious about how those deals are worked out - WWE isn't shilling whichever Imagine Dragons clone it is this month without getting paid. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Man, Hunter has the worst god damned taste in music. 

There is no way I believe that he actually listens to most of the bands they use. I mean at least Slipknot is marginally close to Motorhead in an opening act on a tour kind of way.    I am willing to bet that Gabe and/or Albert  is responsible for half of this shit 

Edited by hammerva

Guest Edwin

Agree with the majority sentiment on SlipKnot and on Gargano/Cole 3.

Gargano has lost steam since dropping the title and the fans weren't as hot for him at the tapings when he came out and attacked Cole. It's time for him to move onto 205 Live after this and for Cole to begin his new feud against someone else.