DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 13: De Randamie vs. Ladd (7/13/2019) - Sacramento, CA (Golden 1 Center)

Elsalvajeloco

D9b5oWRXYAAVpnX.jpg?1560963309

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 13: De Randamie vs. Ladd 
July 13, 2019
Sacramento, CA (Golden 1 Center)

Germaine de Randamie (136) vs. Aspen Ladd (135) - De Randamie, TKO (punch), R1 (0:16)
Urijah Faber (135.5) vs. Ricky Simón (134.5) - Faber, KO (punches), R1 (0:46)
Josh Emmett (146) vs. Mirsad Bektić (145) - Emmett, TKO (punches), R1 (4:25)
Karl Roberson (185.5) vs. Wellington Turman (185) - Roberson, DEC (split)
Marvin Vettori (185.5) vs. Cezar Ferreira (185.5) - Vettori, DEC (unanimous)

ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Mike Rodriguez (204.5) vs. John Allan (203) - No Contest (Allan USADA Violation for Tamoxifen)
Andre Fili (145.5) vs. Sheymon Moraes (146) - Fili, KO (punches), R1 (3:07)
Julianna Peña (135.5) vs. Nicco Montaño (135.5) - Peña, DEC (unanimous)
Darren Elkins (145.5) vs. Ryan Hall (144.5) - Hall, DEC (unanimous)
Liu Pingyuan (136) vs. Jonathan Martinez (136) -  Martinez, KO (punch), R3 (3:54)
Lívia Renata Souza (116) vs. Brianna Van Buren (115) - Van Buren, DEC (unanimous)
Benito Lopez (136) vs. Vince Morales (135.5) - Lopez, DEC (unanimous)

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Jonathan Martinez
Performance of the Night: Andre Fili
Performance of the Night: Josh Emmett
Performance of the Night: Urijah Faber

Attendance: 10,306
Gate$938,734

Cancelled Fights:
Cynthia Calvillo vs. Livia Renata Souza - Injury to Calvillo (Broken Foot) 
Karl Roberson vs. John Phillips - Injury to Phillips 
Sara McMann vs.  Nicco Montaño - Injury to McMann 
Benito Lopez vs. Martin Day - Injury to Day (Knee) 
Gian Villante vs. Mike Rodriguez - Injury to Villante 
Beneil Dariush vs. Drakkar Klose - Injury to Dariush 

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

12 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Josh Emmett vs. Mirsad Bektić

Hell yeah. This is a deceptively good card despite my not giving a damn about the main and co-main events. Fili/Moraes and Elkins/Hall, sign me up. I'll have this on the TV while I stream AEW, ADD fully engaged.

19 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Hell yeah. This is a deceptively good card despite my not giving a damn about the main and co-main events. Fili/Moraes and Elkins/Hall, sign me up. I'll have this on the TV while I stream AEW, ADD fully engaged.

I think main event has the potential to be good. I want to see what Ladd can do against someone she can't just physically dominate. I think we saw some of that in the Eubanks rematch, but de Randamie has been around for a minute. If Ladd can't take her down, that might end bad. If Ladd wins this one and Nunes decides to move on from fighting, Ladd at 24 has the chance to be champion for a long while. In terms of prospect at women's bantamweight, she is way ahead of Macy Chiasson. I think Chiasson at this point is ripe to be upset if she fought someone with a semblance of athleticism. I think Ladd has answered that question enough for me to say she is pretty good.

With that said, I think Livinha vs. Van Buren is the best of the three women's fights. I'm surprised that fight is at even odds. Van Buren wasn't even ranked that high prior to winning that Phoenix Rising tournament. I guess they believe she is going to take Souza down constantly. Rarely do you get a real even prospect vs. prospect women's fight in the UFC.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 1

I think Brianna Van Buren is going to have a pretty good UFC run even if she is only 5 feet even. I like that she wanted to get back in there on the San Francisco card. Love that enthusiasm.

Jonathan Martinez posterized Liu Pingyuan with a beautiful step knee.

Felt like a ridicuously early stoppage there with not even a chance given for Aspen to turn over while she was still moving, hated that.

Had a gut feeling I should've picked Faber, epic comeback victory for him.

6 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Felt like a ridicuously early stoppage there with not even a chance given for Aspen to turn over while she was still moving, hated that.

Had a gut feeling I should've picked Faber, epic comeback victory for him.

Re: The stoppage in the main event

This is just a hunch I have: I think referees are going to develop a bias and decide to err on the side of caution when it comes to fighters who publicly have bad weight cuts. Look at Dillashaw/Cejudo. Whether you agreed with that stoppage or not, I don't think many people thought Cejudo hit TJ with something that would get anyone out of there. Anyone could get caught cold, but taking someone's recent career into consideration, we know which people are the most susceptible for that and which ones have tried and true chins. We also know who is capable of surprising fighters early on. GdR is probably top 5 or 10 in terms of striking credentials in the UFC. She has also finished someone inside a round in the UFC. However, in anybody's mind, who thought she was going to have the quickest win ever in the women's bantamweight division over a rising prospect? GdR throws a great overhand right, but I haven't seen her drop too many (well at least anyone worth a damn) people with it. So Herb Dean was probably asking himself why should he let a fighter whose body probably isn't functioning normally even after 36 hours of rehydration to continue on after they got dropped by the very first significant strike to the head in a fight. If more fighters continue to show up looking horrendous at the morning weigh-ins, a lot more referees are going to be forced to ask themselves that exact same question. 

• Like 4