DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Mad Cow Bird Flu Disease - 7/9/2019

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Isn't that what WCW did whenever they'd change head of creative? Say the show is a sinking ship and promise change?

Is it really a WCW thing at this point, or is it a WWE thing? I think I can count on several hands how many times they have a script acknowledge that the show sucks at this point. Then go back to booking a shitty show, then later acknowledging this again when they criticize the flaws of the show. Rinse, and repeat.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I can't be alone in both hating and loving the Pancrase knockoff logo for Extreme Rules, can I?

I mean, it looks good, but they just boosted someone else's super dope logo and put their own words on it!

1 minute ago, grilledcheese said:

I can't be alone in both hating and loving the Pancrase knockoff logo for Extreme Rules, can I?

I mean, it looks good, but they just boosted someone else's super dope logo and put their own words on it!

I never realized that until now but you may have a point.

220px-Pancrase_Hybrid_Wrestling_logo.png

11 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Zero chance of that. He's already committed the cardinal sin of being able to deliver a zinger. He'll be saying wacky WWE babyface things within two months. 

The first time he mentions the “WWE UNIVERSE” I’ll be checking out. 

Seriously I think(hope) Owen’s has some kind of backstage moxie he uses to not be forced to say and do the stupid shit most other wrestlers just go out there and do to be good soldiers. 

1 hour ago, Brandon Bones said:

Was at this show.

Enjoyed.  But then again.  I’ve had pretty good luck with the tickets I’ve bought over the years.

Murphy and Ali has a pretty great, but too short dark match.  

Ali/Murphy is basically the wrestling equivalent of Sheetz for me. I could watch them wrestle 24/7/365.

• Like 3

On 7/10/2019 at 3:59 PM, The Natural said:

D_Gnvl7W4AEMNHi?format=jpg&name=large

For a second I thought Bayley was blocking a top rope Plancha by hitting Nikki in the face with the belt Championship.

• Haha 2

After viewing the show on tv.  I can say I would have thought the crowd would have come across stronger than it did.  I had kind of dreaded the turn out after the embarrassment of the Stomping Grounds show.  But the crowd was a good size and they seemed to respond really well (in the room) to just about everything but the Cross/Bayley segment.

Over the years I’ve seen lots of people post that was their experience as well. 

But isn’t it funny, when you factor in the recent G1 show, the crowds exceeding the expectations of their respective turn outs.