DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Streaming Service Discussion

Niners Fan in CT

• 2 weeks later...

HBO MAX is also gonna include all Crunchyroll content.  So while they're not saying Vrv is dead, that combined with the slow erosion of non-Warner content as partners choose not to renew certainly give the impression of a dead platform walking. It's a shame, when it was a clearinghouse for niche services that weren't thriving it was my most-used streaming platform.

• 2 weeks later...

Bob Iger has announced that starting March 2020 - all of FX Networks current content will stream on Hulu

Will include all seasons of FX shows. FX will also produce original shows for Hulu.

• 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think Hulu has a deal with Neon.  

Yeah - they signed a multi-year deal back in April 2017

No one seems sure of the length of the deal though - Variety did say though that Parasite going to Hulu was part of that deal though

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I need to unsubscribe at this point.

My wife signed up to Prime because she was making a big book order and basically got a year for free. She picked up Disney+ because she’s a Disney fan. We signed up for free trial access to Apple and Acorn. We already had Netflix, and we’re sharing a Crave account. Our library gives me access to Hoopla and Kanopy. And I got us a subscription to Criterion. And that’s nuts (especially given that I also subscribe to Esquire, ajpw.tv, and Spotify).

I think Netflix and Prime are the, uh, prime candidates for getting the axe. 

Anyone else over subscribed?

Edited by Control

11 hours ago, Control said:

Anyone else over subscribed?

To say the least. Several of the ones I have, like Criterion, Mubi, and Film Movement, have the pause subscription option, so that helps. I do from time to time drop things. I just dropped ESPN + and the WWE network. Showtime, CBS All-Access, and a few things I have through my Roku are on the chopping block. I got a free year of Disney through a Verizon promotion. Once that is up I'll do the bundle thing with Hulu and ESPN+. I also have Stardom World,  Night Flight Plus, DC Universe, YouTube Premium (on pause until the new season of Cobra Kai),  Netflix and through Prime I have Shudder, Britbox, and Acorn tv. And after letting HBO Now go last month, I just signed up for the HBO Max deal. Oh, and Sling TV, which is going on pause as soon as this season of The Challenge is finished.

I really need to pick up a library card so I can get Kanopy and Hoopla.

Edited by Execproducer
  • Like 1

I think right now I have Prime (for video & shipping), criterion and YouTube premium. 
And NBC Sports for the PL.

didnt renew MLB his year. 

probably a half dozen or so I would want, but likely would just collect dust.

Quibi has apparently lost a metric fuckton of money and its CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg is blaming it on the pandemic.  

Because no one who's locked in their home would possibly ever look at their phone for entertainment.   It also couldn't possibly have anything to do with the content being terrible.  And it also could have nothing to do with users not being able to share any of the content.  

Again, people invested over $1 BILLION into this thing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2