DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Streaming Service Discussion

Niners Fan in CT

YTTV is definitely better if just because YTTV can work across multiple homes. Hulu TV only works in the same household, which isn't great if you're looking to split the bill with other people.

2 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Also if you have YouTube TV you can subscribe to HBO Max through it and get all the benefits of that service, plus several live streaming HBO channels on YTTV. 

EDIT:  Answered my own question after looking it up.  It would be nice if everything was to be played through the YTTV app instead of forcing most of the stuff on Max.  I know with Wonder Woman '84 the sound's gonna suck ass and if not for the pandemic I'd rather see it in theaters instead.  But I do wish I knew it was gonna be integrated into YTTV before I signed up for Max.  So that'll be fun switching things around.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

Chappelle Show has been pulled off Netflix after Dave complained to upper management that he wasn't being paid for the streaming rights.

And you know, while I agree with Dave in principle, and agree it's super cool of Netflix to grant his wish...  He did breach his contract, so.... ??‍♂️

Did we discuss this?  I like it.  Can't keep pushing the movie slate back and nobody knows exactly how theaters will be for 2021.  Yes, this might be a fast-forwarding to what the eventual outcome was going to be but at least for this upcoming year it's a win for the consumer. No additional cost and 4K/HDR/Dolby for the whole slate. 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this would qualify for the documentary thread but Netflix debut a new comedy series called The History of Swear Words.  And it is basically comedians talking about famous swear words like fuck, shit, bitch, dick, and pussy talking about the history and how it has involved from something offensive to sometimes a good thing.   

Here is the trailer but it is definitely NSFW

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One kid loves Muppet Treasure Island. The other loves Muppet Babies. Both love Mah Na Mah Na. But it’s a lot to devour at a time and with a lot of songs that are either slower or more low key or that don’t have a ton of cultural relevance in 2021.

• Like 1