DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Streaming Service Discussion

Niners Fan in CT

On 7/11/2019 at 5:33 PM, Bustronaut said:

Here's something that may get me banned - Seinfeld isn't that great a show.  It's also regularly transphobic.

The knob that created the IT Crowd said it’s his greatest influence, so that adds up. 

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

It's from lack of sleep probably, but I initially read that as "Plinko" and now I want a Plinko movie.

Same on the first half, but I was just confused how you'd write a novel that was an "epic international drama" based on Plinko.

4 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Is it about Pachinko culture?

Per Wiki

Pachinko is the second novel by Korean-American author Min Jin Lee. Published in 2017, Pachinko is an epic historical novel following a Korean family who eventually immigrates to Japan, The character-driven tale features a large ensemble of characters who become subjected to issues of racism and stereotypes, among other events with historical origins in the 20th-century Korean experiences with Japan.

On 10/23/2020 at 3:13 PM, tbarrie said:

Same on the first half, but I was just confused how you'd write a novel that was an "epic international drama" based on Plinko.

Have you even watched Plinko!!!?!??  It’s all epic drama! That fucking disc could go any way. You don’t know! Just set it in another country and BAM! Epic international drama for daaaaaaaays. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now we have to segue into a discussion of which Price is Right pricing game is most ripe for a film adaptation.

I vote for the one with the yodelling mountain climber whose fate is determined by how good another character is at guessing prices. It writes itself!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, tbarrie said:

Now we have to segue into a discussion of which Price is Right pricing game is most ripe for a film adaptation.

I vote for the one with the yodelling mountain climber whose fate is determined by how good another character is at guessing prices. It writes itself!

When I started working from home I would watch Price is Right because...well...why not?  It was all well and good until I realized I was doing things like thinking an internal monologue for the poor mountain climber.  Fearing for my sanity I stopped watching it since.  So with that said there really should be at least a mini movie.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 7:05 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Netflix missed on new subs estimates for Q3 so I'm guessing that has something to do with it.  I'm not sure how much more they can grow from here far as new subs so they need to up the revenue in other ways. 

Way to predict the price increase they just announced. 

On 10/23/2020 at 3:25 PM, RIPPA said:

Per Wiki

Well some of that is the plot of Mr. Baseball. I mean if you think about it hard enough Mr. Baseball isn’t about the game of baseball, it’s a middle aged man who is way past his prime, and life won’t get better past this young hot Japanese reporter. So swallow your own damn pride, and politely slurp your fuckibg noodles. Maybe Pachinko is like this too.

On 11/1/2020 at 11:50 PM, Tabe said:

Way to predict the price increase they just announced. 

For clarity on this

US customers only 

Standard going from $13 to $14 a month

Premium goes $16 to $18 a month

Basic is staying as $9 a month