DVDVR Message Board

Not Without My Baby - Raw - 7/8/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Andrade and Zelina vs Seth and Becky is absolutely the match they should have run at Extreme Rules.  

Imagine if they went shooty and teamed Adrade and Charlotte vs Seth And Becky. 

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't want to start a whole "this must have been Heyman" or "this must have been Vince" thing....   but...   last week felt different to me.  This week was the basic RAW formula we've seen.  

I thought the same thing. Maybe last week was that good feeling, unique Raw we rarely get. This week felt more of the same.

I'm also beyond done with the 2/3 falls shit.

Whatever excitement from last week sure went out the window quick. This was one of the least interesting Raws I can remember, with absolutely nothing of consequence happening and three straight 1 minute squash matches.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Custos said:

Or Aleister Black and Zelina.

Andrade and Zelina have such great chemistry, if I was a kid right now I could totally buy into them as a couple but honestly I such a mark for Andrade that a was so happy when I found out he a Charlotte are a serious couple. I heard Vince was high on him several months ago but now he has more of a reason to push him at some point soon and not get cold on him.

• Like 1

Pretty brutal episode to get through, sadly, and that stupid 'no wrestling during commercials' thing is absolutely hurting the crowd reactions.  The ending with Cedric 'shockingly' revealing his identity after getting pinned with one Claymore and the commentary acting like the faces got one over on the heels was nonsensical.

Also, Bayley/Logan got CM PUNK chants, and the Mike/Maria thing is an ongoing storyline, ugh.

• Like 1

Here is what I don’t get about WWE. Just watching highlights, they do the Cedric as Gary Garbutt thing and he goes on the great offensive run. Okay. Cool. Have him pin Shane. Him losing to one move just makes him look like a nerd and an interesting angle to get Cedric over probably works. Instead he’s just the guy who did a surprise attack and lost anyway. Backwards fucking company.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

They knew no one was really gonna watch raw tonight with the HR Derby on. The opening match was good, but the rest was the usual copy and paste by numbers for RAW.

This is a bullshit excuse that everyone needs to stop using. What's the reason when Raw sucks the other 45 times during the year? Is something always going on during one of those Mondays to where they can just phone it in?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

This is a bullshit excuse that everyone needs to stop using. What's the reason when Raw sucks the other 45 times during the year? Is something always going on during one of those Mondays to where they can just phone it in?

You beat me to the punch.  I get that football and major NBA playoff games could have an impact....but the fucking Home Run Derby?  There will ALWAYS be competition SOMEWHERE, and if you're phoning it in when anything that might hurt you is on, you shouldn't be on in the first place.

• Like 4

Huh. I was higher on this Raw than most of you!

Opening match was fine but it would have made more sense for Andrade to pin Rollins off a distraction to further the miscommunication possibility for Sunday.  

Rey coming back to get murdered by Lashley was nonsensical but a fun beat down.  Weird that it took them this long to go “Big scary guy beats up guys and looks big and scary” with Lashley but glad they finally hit up on it. 

Cesaro destroying Jose was good.  

I haven’t decided if I like The Street Profits as Raw’s narrators/Greek chorus yet or not.  

The Riccochet-Club matches were fun and you can tell Heyman was involved here because Riccochet was allowed to look strong and smart-ish with the way he refused to stay down and that he knew AJ was going to get involved.  Styles is so much better and fun as a heel.  Should be a huge pop when Vikings or Profits show up to help Riccochet  

Loved the Bayley-Logan match. Hopefully this is the new beginning for Logan cuz she’s great.  

Main event was stupid and booked poorly but the crowd chanting for Gary was really funny.  

Wasnt as good as last week but still more fun than the previous few months.  

Becky/Seth vs. Almas/Zelina was fun and probably a far better match than what we will get Sunday.

The squash matches didn't bother me outside of Rey's return. That was just wasteful and made so little sense. That should have been Joe murdering Rey.

Usos/Miz vs. Elias/Revival was decent, but I really wish they would cut down on the 2/3 falls stip.

The ending tag match would have been nice had Cedric actually won and then made the reveal. As it was, it was kind of stupid and pointless.

Sarah/Bayley getting CM Punk chants was sad since it was actually a pretty decent match. It just goes to show the shitty job they have done building the divsion and using Bayley in her current feud with Bliss/Cross.

Was hoping Heyman would still have his finger prints on the pacing and whatnot, but that clearly wasn't the case.

Nothing on this was show was anywhere near as actively bad as last week, but I also fast forwarded through the Mike/Maria segments so I don't know if they managed to equal or top themselves there.

Edited by Eivion

30 minutes ago, caley said:

Huh. I was higher on this Raw than most of you! 

I didn't think it was bad. The pacing was off, though. It felt like the main event was the victim of something else going too long and oddly-placed commercials. I didn't have a problem with Alexander being under the mask, but they could have built it up better throughout the night. Or, have R-Truth be the one to do it as Roman helped him win back the 24/7 title a few weeks ago. Either way, Cedric should have gotten the W.

For those who wanted the Attitude Era back: I present to you Maria and Mike Kanellis. We're going to get a WTD angle in 2019. WTF. At least can they get Maury Povich involved? If they're going to do this, fully commit!

Becky and Seth still feel odd together onscreen. Corbin and Lacey have better chemistry.

Everything else was pretty good, IMO.