DVDVR Message Board

SDL is a Hot Dog Eating Contest - 7/2/2019

Dolfan in NYC

13 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Another thing with that Buddy Murphy heel promo. Why is he being so polite to start? “Ladies, and gentlemen...” is a terrible way to start a heel promo. Especially if you aren’t a well established one. He should’ve started by saying “Listen up, lone star state fatties”. 

Thanks for reminding me of Rick Rude's promo putdowns to the audience.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Another thing with that Buddy Murphy heel promo. Why is he being so polite to start? “Ladies, and gentlemen...” is a terrible way to start a heel promo. Especially if you aren’t a well established one. He should’ve started by saying “Listen up, lone star state fatties”. 

Paul E and Joel Gertner are probably the only folks who would disagree with you. 

I didn't watch but once Bischoff's in I'll give it a shot. I'm very happy for Murphy though. The last 2 maybe 3 house shows I went to he tore it up, including a match last year with Cedric Alexander that was for real one of the best I've ever seen live

4 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Paul E and Joel Gertner are probably the only folks who would disagree with you. 

“...If you aren’t well established”. There are guys out there who can walk in the ring, and instantly get heat before uttering a line. Buddy Murphy isn’t one of them. So he should go out there, and grab that heat for himself.

31 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Okay what the fuck was that Shelton Benjamin "promo"?

I forgot about that until you mentioned it. I don't know what that was, but it made me laugh. Feels very Tim and Eric inspired...

35 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Did I blink and miss Finn or has he vanished? And no mention of Nakamura tearing it up in Japan with Seth, I thought they might use clips of it to push Nak/Balor but oh well.

I originally thought Balor was on the shelf until Andrade came back to continue their feud. Andrade is back and the champion is nowhere to be found?

Probably Vince sees Finn as a low priority, and with good reasons. He’s a man who never seems to put himself out there, and try to set himself apart. Especially after he lost his top spot as Universal Champion.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

2 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

I feel like maybe i missed Meltzer reporting that Rusev and Lana were fired....

They weren't fired

Rusev requested time off which they gave him

Dave thinks they are just both not being used until their contract expires

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

I feel like maybe i missed Meltzer reporting that Rusev and Lana were fired....

He asked for time off. Who knows at this point whether he’ll resign, or let his contract run out?

Edit: Jinx! you owe me a coke.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

They weren't fired

Rusev requested time off which they gave him

Dave thinks they are just both not being used until their contract expires

Though I also saw where some are saying that Rusev wants to leave but Lana wants to stay 

Alexa was always my favorite at responding to the what chants in great ways.

Thought this show sucked. Trying to force Owens back into his face role now feels too little too late to me, they had their chance to make him fresh and ruined it to give us some of the dullest months ever of him going back heel.. why buy it now after he had just pulled that crap with new day. Mandy Rose getting squashed in 2 minutes and no followup for Sonya was disappointing. Just nothing really interesting at all on this show.