DVDVR Message Board

NXT - JULY 2019

RIPPA

Dominick Dijakovic returned to NXT tonight at the Cocoa Beach house show. He looked good. I wonder if they are going to continue his feud with Keith Lee. Although, the announcer mentioned Lee was angry at the Breakout tourney guys so who knows? The Cocoa show was fun with a really good Dream/Roddy match.I also finally saw the Robert Stone Outliers gimmick after hearing about it for months. If that's not a Tony Khan parody gimmick, I don't know what is. It's hilarious though. He's got the look down.

Guest Edwin

NXT is running in Orlando and Charleston today. I'm heading to the Orlando show in a bit, but yikes, the announced talent doesn't good as per usual when they run two shows at a time.

Guest Edwin

Tegan Nox is back.

DREW GULAK VS. ACH FOR THE CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE!

Oh my God, Gulak/ACH was a legit MOTYC live. Makes me wish they would record these live events. Cole/Ohno from last year, KUSHIDA/Strong from this year and Gulak/ACH are 3 matches from live Orlando events that are much better than a lot of the matches I've seen on some TakeOver events.

Edited by Edwin

14 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

I kinda want Shayna’s reign of terror to end, but Mia Yim? 

Of all the women circling the title, she is probably the one who needs it the most. She's too good and has been around too long to not be looked at as a serious contender. If only breifly as a transitional champ for another heel such as Io or Bianca or even if to drop it back to Shayna. They hesitated to push her when she first debuted and she's had to slowly gain steam. She has some now and they're booking her to be really smart and resourceful. Its believable that she can have Shayna's number given their "training partner" relationship. Taking down the biggest baddie on the scene could possibly create a new star. 

Shayna has obliterated the rest of the roster to the point that you really only have two options left:  Mia Yim at the Takeover and Dakota Kai when she eventually returns.  The problem is nobody really knows when Kai is returning.  Io would make a great champion with her new character but you either have to turn Shayna face which isn't possible without a huge reach or she finally gets moved up and they do the Asuka thing with her.   Tegan Nox could be an option but she is going to have to healthy for a long time in order to prove herself.   

So I guess Aliyah & Vanessa Borne is now called "The Highers" .  Huh?  

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am not saying they would - but they could move Toni Storm from NXT UK to the regular NXT brand just for another option

And spend how much time needed to build her up? Honestly, it would be better to save Toni for a heel Io. They really should just get Shayna out of the way ASAP.

18 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

I kinda want Shayna’s reign of terror to end, but Mia Yim? 

Mia Yim is the Iron Sheik to Shayna's Bob Backlund and Bianca's Hulk Hogan.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peck said:

Mia Yim is the Iron Sheik to Shayna's Bob Backlund and Bianca's Hulk Hogan.

Makes sense. I don't think they have Bianca beating other women senseless right now unless there's a payoff. The payoff is quickly transitioning the belt from Mia to Bianca in time for whatever TV they strike to put NXT on FS1.

Pretty sad when two female NXT wrestlers are just coming back from leg injuries, Karen Q and Rachel Evers both get leg injuries on the same day at two different shows.  Haven't seen any word at the extent of Evers' knee injury.

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

The heel side of the NXT roster is pretty thin after UE.  Dijakovic got hurt so they needed to build a monster quick.

Keith Lee should be a heel. "Bask in my Glory" is better suited for a cocky as fuck heel. Telling people to bask in your glory isn't very face-like. Plus, a guy with Lee's size and strength should just be steamrolling guys, instead of the start-stop pushes he's gotten. Matt Riddle debuting so soon after hurt. Keith should have attacked Riddle after his debut for stealing his glory.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Keith Lee should be a heel. "Bask in my Glory" is better suited for a cocky as fuck heel. Telling people to bask in your glory isn't very face-like. Plus, a guy with Lee's size and strength should just be steamrolling guys, instead of the start-stop pushes he's gotten. Matt Riddle debuting so soon after hurt Keith Lee. Keith should have attacked Riddle after his debut for stealing Lee's glory.

Is Keith Lee a heel normally? I ask because I agree with everything you say, but the dude just has a likable energy around.

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

Is Keith Lee a heel normally? I ask because I agree with everything you say, but the dude just has a likable energy around.

He worked heel on the indies.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

I think they are going to turn Lee heel in the near future. Complaining about the tournament winner getting a title shot he never got, and frustration from losing some matches leads to a good heel turn. 

Thought hit me, they may be working on turning UE face.   Setting up Lee, Priest, and Dream (with possibly "Winner of the Breakout Tourney") as the top heels.

Gargano should be moving up soon.  Street Profits have one foot out the door.  Velveteen is a tweener/leaning heel anyway.  

Cole, ReDRagon, and Strong have mass appeal and need to stay down to anchor NXT while the next set of face anchors (thinking Dunne, Kushida, Riddle) get set. 

• Like 1