DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The ******* Club Returns - 7/1/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I was hoping they were going to write off the TitanTron. I was a little bummed when it healed itself later on. 

Opening the show with a match instead if a 20 minute promo was so refreshing...  and then they went and had a 20 minute segment of cleanup from the post match angle to set in "hey this is serious"... that annoyed me. 

I actually watched the whole episode. I can't say that's happened in 18 years.

Echo the sentiments that Seth & Becky cannot be on TV together. 

It's good to see The Good Brothers used. It blows my mind they teased The Club for 3-4 years and just let Gallows & Anderson drift. They're far better on the mic than Balor & Styles. 

Most of the "reporting" is that the full reboot will occur after the PPV so that is when you would really see who they are going to push and who is going to be shuffled away

(Like if you want to read too much into things - Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans were both featured way less yesterday so post the PPV - so Vince's pet projects might be finally done for. Or they will both be champs since the WWE hates their fans.)

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I haven't seen it yet but the way it sounds with the Maria segment that's gonna make for one helluva fan fiction.  But I have so far seen up to Miz/Elias and so far so good.

I'll send it to you when it's done. 

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'll send it to you when it's done. 

Knowing you I'd be terrified of what you come up with.  ?

And I really hope after Extreme Rules that's it for Baron and Lacey.  I'd be okay with them in the lower midcard for a good while.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Seriously, move the phone six-nine inches so that you only see one glaring eye shooting a death stare so it doesn't look completely staged.  Doesn't really work when the angry wife is perfectly framed in the shot.

Yea I probably have hundreds of selfies where we lined up for a picture and I did something stupid and the lady is perfectly framed in the shot giving a look like that.  It's totally normal. 

Watched the Seth, and Becky segment just now. If Vince’s onscreen relationship scheme works like it usually does, then I wouldn’t mind it with these two. They have no chemistry whatsoever, and sometimes you can see it, with actors, and wrestlers, but not with Becky & Seth.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

New contracts signed? 

Per what I just posted in the main thread - yes and no (they have agreed but contracts aren't officially signed)

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Pelvis? I’m surprised Vince didn’t give Lashley a bleeding anus.

Great, now I'm reminded of when Cole said years ago that someone had "anal bleeding" which led to Booker's admittedly humorous reaction.  And separated pelvis sounds pretty painful.

After seeing how badly Mike Bennett just got buried on Raw, which is about the biggest burial I've seen in awhile, there's no way I would sign a new contract without assurances for how I would be used. Maria and Mike signed 5 year deals and their first move was to make Mike look like a cuckold and a loser. So, welcome to the next 5 years of your life I guess.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

BTW, with "the Club" back together, we have yet another amazing trio.

Give us 6-man tag titles dammit! I think at this point 6-man tag titles would wind up being a bigger deal than the existing tag titles.

28 minutes ago, Craig H said:

After seeing how badly Mike Bennett just got buried on Raw, which is about the biggest burial I've seen in awhile, there's no way I would sign a new contract without assurances for how I would be used. Maria and Mike signed 5 year deals and their first move was to make Mike look like a cuckold and a loser. So, welcome to the next 5 years of your life I guess.

I just watched the pre-match backstage segment and the match. Jesus, that was a brutal burial. WWE isn't somewhere I'd want to work, but if Mike and Maria are happy, then more power to them.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

45 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm assuming they are just good building up money for their family.

44 minutes ago, Craig H said:

BTW, with "the Club" back together, we have yet another amazing trio.

Give us 6-man tag titles dammit! I think at this point 6-man tag titles would wind up being a bigger deal than the existing tag titles.

Lucha House Party, The Club, New Day. Are there any other 3-person teams?