DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The ******* Club Returns - 7/1/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, Eivion said:

I'm assuming they are just good building up money for their family.

Lucha House Party, The Club, New Day. Are there any other 3-person teams?

Fallen Sons, Undisputed Era (technically 4, but I could see them working as a trio), that possible new team of EC3/Cesaro/Roode, and other random heel pairings like Drew/Corbin/Shane. Hell, let's get a third guy for Bryan and Rowan, let's team Roman with the Usos, get Sanity back together, etc.

20 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I mean, hasn't the point of Mike Bennett's gimmick always been the fact that he'd be nothing without Maria going all the way back to his ROH days? Hell, he even took HER last name. I don't really see what's the problem with his portrayal here.

He wasn't portrayed as a cuck. How he was portrayed wasn't close to the cuck gimmick he has now.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Fallen Sons, Undisputed Era (technically 4, but I could see them working as a trio), that possible new team of EC3/Cesaro/Roode, and other random heel pairings like Drew/Corbin/Shane. Hell, let's get a third guy for Bryan and Rowan, let's team Roman with the Usos, get Sanity back together, etc.

If they were to go down this road, how long would they be able to resist the temptation of calling in the NXT UK factions? 

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Considering their new deal is a half a million a year - I think they are fine with whatever angle

That's WCW levels of stupid money. Good for the talent having AEW to use as leverage, whether they intend to leave or not. Frankly, I don't want to see every ex-WWE wrestler show up in AEW.

47 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I doubt they would actually involve NXT factions though you definitely me have at Imperium vs. Blood Lines (unofficial name I think Cole has called Roman and the Usos)

35 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That's WCW levels of stupid money. Good for the talent having AEW to use as leverage, whether they intend to leave or not. Frankly, I don't want to see every ex-WWE wrestler show up in AEW.

Is it WCW stupid levels of money, or is it what they should arguably be paying people in the first place, especially since they don't provide insurance?

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Is it WCW stupid levels of money, or is it what they should arguably be paying people in the first place, especially since they don't provide insurance?

I'm all for the talent making as much as they can. It is what they should be paying, but it's still a trip seeing the numbers thrown out there to keep talent from leaving, especially for those in a position like Bennett and Maria.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Guys if fucking Vince can’t stand tag team wrestling, and took forever to approve of Women’s belts, what makes you think that he’ll ever allow trios belts to exist?

If he didn't do it when the Shield and the Wyatts were at their peak, Vince isn't going to do it now. It's a nice dream, nothing more.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Knowing you I'd be terrified of what you come up with.  ?

Some of us were there for the "hot pocket" incident.

Damned rotten days, they were.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They are at the point that they could run an entire Survivor Series match with NXT tag team callups that they forget about in two weeks

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yup - and technically so are all the members of Sanity

Holy shit, I was reading their wiki, and the last entry was some stuff post Superstar Shake-up of 2018. 

NOBODY IS GOING TO GET RELEASED!

Edit: No wait, Cagematch says they’ve had matches on Main Event 2019

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

The people who want RAW to be better are out there.  Ratings up this week.  From WO: 

The first Paul Heyman Raw saw an immediate 9.7 percent increase in ratings from last week and a turnaround from the usual ratings pattern.

The key is that the first hour was up only three percent, which would probably be a combination of curiosity over the Heyman news and the big explosions and Bobby Lashley/Braun Strowman angle to start the show off strong.

But this week, instead of declining, the second hour jumped big, and was 16 percent ahead of last week. It was the second hour that really made the big difference as far as ratings, and of the segments, it would look on paper that the lengthy Undertaker segment was the key. The second hour also included AJ Styles, Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson building up a Ricochet vs. Styles match, Lacey Evans vs. Natalya, and Miz vs. Elias. 

The third hour, built around Styles vs. Ricochet, Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross, the 24/7 title, and Maria Kanellis lambasting Mike Kanellis after their mixed tag, was up 10 percent from last week, but it was still a 12.4 percent drop from hour two. But comparing hour one to three, the five percent drop would be the lowest in a long time.

Raw was third for the night on cable. It was only down 7.7 percent from the same show last year.

The first-to-second hour growth was strong across the board. The added viewers in hour two, usually a decline, were 10 percent in women 18-49, seven percent in men 18-49, 13 percent in teenage girls, and 15 percent in teenage boys. So this style was strongest with teenagers, the age group WWE television has had huge losses with over the past year.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.47 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.68 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.35 million viewers

The third hour is where everything just about fell apart with the Mike and Maria thing, so it makes sense it was the lowest rated portion. I thought the first half was great. But it was the second half of the show that just killed my enthusiasm for it.