DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The ******* Club Returns - 7/1/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Wrong website that names ends in tube for that video...

Mostly good show, but I watched it in chunks, instead of three hours straight. Just hope that Tommy does not end up being the father this time too. 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Casey said:

Uh, what? She's a wrestler too. There's no gender restrictions on that title I'm pretty sure... Why do you think she wants to go on the honeymoon so bad? She's waiting for the perfect opportunity to win that title.

I'll give you credit, I didn't actually think of that.  We may be entering some TV-14 levels for future title changes...  Even if it all ends with a R-Truth schoolgirl.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Uh, what? She's a wrestler too. There's no gender restrictions on that title I'm pretty sure... Why do you think she wants to go on the honeymoon so bad? She's waiting for the perfect opportunity to win that title.

She's obviously going to pin Drake after he's passed out after sex.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I always thought it was marshmallow. 

It was apparently a dream Bob Shaye really had, and kept insisting Wes put in the movie. IIRC, the substance was mostly oatmeal IRL.

------------

There was some good, some bad, and the fucking awful mixed tag stuff... But the show moved along in a way RAW hasn't in ages. No long promos, matches and angles bleeding together, a couple moments that felt important... I don't know how much Heyman took over for this, but it damn sure felt different.

By the way, could we PLEASE stop bringing NXT tag champs onto Raw? As much as I love Montez Ford and think he's the future top star, now isn't the time for their call up.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed this show.  The opening reminded me of Vader powerbombing Cactus Jack on the cement and how real that felt and the steps they took to make this seem real with the static cam.  I had no problems with the announcers using serious tones to get over an angle. 

I loved the mix tag stuff too because it got a reaction from the crowd and not much else had in recent weeks.  The crowd reaction to Maria’s berating of her husband was great.  Nothing too terribly offensive.  I dig it.  

I had to fast forward the main to fit it in but loved The Club revival.  I think the Face That Runs the Place character works better as a heel and heel Styles feels like a real character Heyman would get behind.  

Fun show

32 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

So AJs lost clean to Ricochet twice now. He's also lost to Rollins clean.

They've booked themselves into a corner. He wins via nefarious means and then what or he loses for a third time and looks a loser.

I'm assuming he costs Kofi the title and we get Club vs New Day?

AJ lost to Ricochet for the first time tonight. There also isn't any reason to assume he won't beat Ricochet for the title next time, especially with the Club behind him now.

Monsoon_Classic is one of my favorite accounts on wrestling Twitter. Maybe my very favorite.

10 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I hear RAW was less PG than usual tonight.

Definitely a bit. Some profanity, and then whatever the hell that Kanellis thing was, it certainly pushed into PG-13.

8 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Monsoon_Classic is one of my favorite accounts on wrestling Twitter. Maybe my very favorite.

Absolute goldmine on YouTube, I always wonder how he's got away with it

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Think it's the first time I've come across it.

They basically live tweet shows as Bobby and Gorilla, and they do it really well. I mean, not EVERY joke lands, but a really high percentage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Well those shots aren’t going to stop under Heyman if he’s in near-full control. ECW was the father of shaking the camera in wrestling, like an episode of NYPD Blue.

I always assumed it was because the cameraman was jonesing for a fix.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

They basically live tweet shows as Bobby and Gorilla, and they do it really well. I mean, not EVERY joke lands, but a really high percentage.

You may be thinking of @WWFPrimeTimeNow

• Thanks 1