DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2019 WRESTLING GIFS.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

All it requires is to stand facing him and he couldn't even do that.

He was just starting to get up. That was all on Black going in too early. Beyond that that is the same match where Black broke his jaw if I recall correctly. 

On 7/14/2019 at 1:14 AM, iowanole said:

Looks like they’re teaching from the “Shane McMahon School of Strking” down at the Performance Center!  

Those classes take place a few doors down from the "Terry Garvin School of Self-Defense". The head trainer there is Steve Lombardi, obviously.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

I enjoyed it for the simple fact it was a massive ‘fuck you’ to the ECW mutants. The final nail in the coffin 

Well, that's awfully childish.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Related image

Manami Toyota has an all-time great suplex bridge.  I honestly don't understand how she lifts someone twice her size and controls the decent so well.  Look at most bridged German suplexes and notice how often the suplexer drops the suplexee on his own face before the bridge.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, supremebve said:

Manami Toyota has an all-time great suplex bridge.  I honestly don't understand how she lifts someone twice her size and controls the decent so well.  Look at most bridged German suplexes and notice how often the suplexer drops the suplexee on his own face before the bridge.  

I'm sure Aja being decently mobile and agile back then helped a decent degree. Then again I've seen Io Shirai hit a perfect deadlift German suplex on Viper so maybe they just have way more freakish strength then we can possibly imagine.

4 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'm sure Aja being decently mobile and agile back then helped a decent degree. Then again I've seen Io Shirai hit a perfect deadlift German suplex on Viper so maybe they just have way more freakish strength then we can possibly imagine.

The part that makes it impressive isn't getting her off the ground, it is at the peak of the lift where she arches back and controls the decent of the fall.  That split second of defied gravity that is the difference between a well executed throw and their total combined weight coming crashing down on her head takes a lot of strength and dexterity.  Aja can help the lift, but once she's going backwards Toyota controls her and lands in a picture perfect bridge.  If we're rating all time suplex bridges, I don't even know who's in second place.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, supremebve said:

Lots and lots and lots of neck bridges and core strength. Also, she's bendy. Compare with Kurt Angle.

7 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Neck problems, you say? I wonder how that happened...

Yep, as impressive as that is, Io's head absorbs all of the impact of that move.  She protects the hell out of Viper, but that is a lot of weight coming down on her head and neck.  Toyota's bridge is good enough that she doesn't absorb nearly as much impact while still not killing Aja Kong.

• Like 1