DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2019 WRESTLING PICTURES.

On 7/18/2019 at 12:09 AM, The Natural said:

D_sXVG-XUAEaSfc?format=jpg&name=900x900

8 years ago yesterday. One of the best matches and shows in WWE history.

"But we HAVE TO GET DEL RIO OVER!" This is literally the 2001 ECW invasion when my VCR stopped before Stef came out.  At that moment it was one of the greatest angles they ever did....and then had to immediately fuck it up.  And you keep geting your hopes up now.  We are celebrating eight years since a rare moment that WWE got their shit right.  How sad is that?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I'm not sure what it says about me but I kinda do want to see Claudio vs Captain New Japan

I hope it says you want to see Captain New Japan get his teeth uppercut out of his mouth.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

Most of the red block secret wrestlers below are based on real wrestlers but changed to avoid lawsuits.  The guy selected is Inoki. But Hyper next to him is some kinda Baba with assorted moves.

• Like 1

Yeah, there was a Chono clone, a Hashimoto copy and a Muta clone (he had the mist, but you had to get the burning meter full and then do the "I'm so fired up I'm ripping my mask off" emote before you could do it.

There was only one CAW spot, for career mode. You started out with no moves, and you had to spar with guys to get hit with stuff to learn it. Endless hours of Wrestling Baba because he was the only guy who could go to a Wakigatame out of a hammerlock, but he almost never did it. Or you could combine two moves to make another. Learn Jumbo's Butterfly Suplex and Gary Albright's Gourdbuster, then combine them and you get the Pedigree. Unless you've got Misawa's Tiger Driver because they go in the same spot.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

The really intriguing one is the guy with what looks like a paper bag on his head ? 

Jinsei Shinzaki, although not exactly, for copyright reasons. I think there's a Hayabusa there as well.

13 minutes ago, AxB said:

Yeah, there was a Chono clone, a Hashimoto copy and a Muta clone (he had the mist, but you had to get the burning meter full and then do the "I'm so fired up I'm ripping my mask off" emote before you could do it.

There was only one CAW spot, for career mode. You started out with no moves, and you had to spar with guys to get hit with stuff to learn it. Endless hours of Wrestling Baba because he was the only guy who could go to a Wakigatame out of a hammerlock, but he almost never did it. Or you could combine two moves to make another. Learn Jumbo's Butterfly Suplex and Gary Albright's Gourdbuster, then combine them and you get the Pedigree. Unless you've got Misawa's Tiger Driver because they go in the same spot.

My favorite career mode. Start as a young boy and work tour way up.

20 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I'm not sure what it says about me but I kinda do want to see Claudio vs Captain New Japan

I have the local psych ward on hold if you need any help.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Maybe it's Honma.

It's a Wicker basket, not a paper bag. Honma was still in Big Japan when Giant Gram 2000 came out.

• Like 1